Samsung m.2 ssd coming tomorrow. Clone drive, how to?

May 8, 2001
Colorado
I have this coming tomorrow:
81BIRmPUAgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really don't want to do a fresh Win10 install. Have any of you guys had any success cloning your drives and have everything work successfully? If so, what method did you use? I don't wanna dish out any money for a program to do it. Pretty sure Windows has an option for this, yeah?

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
Yea I just cloned with macrium reflect, much easier than I thought

So for example you would plug in your blank drive as a D drive, then clone your C drive

After you're done you just use the newly cloned one as a boot drive whereever you need.

Reactions: Downset
TS
TS
Downset
May 8, 2001
Colorado
Yea I just cloned with macrium reflect, much easier than I thought

So for example you would plug in your blank drive as a D drive, then clone your C drive

After you're done you just use the newly cloned one as a boot drive whereever you need.
I plan on clearing my C: drive once complete. Will I be able rename the new drive to C: once the old one is reformatted and unplugged?

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
I plan on clearing my C: drive once complete. Will I be able rename the new drive to C: once the old one is reformatted and unplugged?
The easy way is to remove the old drive and plug in the new one in the same position and it should boot normally

Dick Dale

Martha Stewart candy fuchsia on the sewage Buick
Oct 12, 2020
but you have to do a new install roughly every 6 months anyway might as well

shouldnt take more than an hour

• Dislike
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan