TECH Saving a flash video

CodeX

in firefox, after the entire video loads, type about:cache... choose disk cache, find the right file (look at file size), copy the link it gives you and paste it into a new tab, should get a save file as download box

it helps to clear your disk cache before loading the file, makes it the only thing in the list

CodeX

Oh and obviously this only works if the video is cached... I know some sites specifically make it so their videos are not cached regardless of your browser settings.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
There's a Firefox plugin called Video DownloadHelper. Use that.

Sometimes you can change the .FLV file extension to .MP4 and it'll work, but your better bet is to download Riva FLV Player to play the videos with.

CodeX

most of those sites have like a 10% success rate except for when downloading from specific sites, at least in my experience.

Peyomp

Jan 11, 2002
Can you sniff your network connection for http requests, and then grab they? I believe Flash Netstream uses http... perhaps not.

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
i haven't had a problem saving any videos, but at times it gets goofy if there are multiple embedded flash objects on the page. it is hit or miss that you'll get the correct one. you may end up downloading some ad instead of the vid.

CodeX

Why does everyone convert it? VLC can play .flv files just fine... and any other player can as well if you have the right codecs.

Limp_Brisket

Jan 2, 2006
Utah
hey, what do you guys use to convert a flash video, or segments of a flash video, into an animated gif? that's what i want to know

rkf76

May 15, 2004
Why does everyone convert it? VLC can play .flv files just fine... and any other player can as well if you have the right codecs.
I have JetAudio on my computer and it can play flv's too but my work computer can't. Need I say more?

And you do know audio also comes in flv format too, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor