STYLE Scarfs: What's good, where to get them, etc

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Someone educate me on scarfs. I think they look pretty pimp for cold weather, but I've never really lived anywhere cold enough to require one.

Since I'll be living in Switzerland a few months, I'm thinking of copping a few to prepare for the cold.

Post good examples, places to buy em etc.

TS
TS
Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
not bad
I would have no clue what style to get, how to tie them etc. I know it's popular fashion w/ the gays, so something that looks good in a heterosexual kinda way would be nice :o

ihaveanevilplan

Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down
Jul 9, 2004
San Francisco, CA
not bad
I would have no clue what style to get, how to tie them etc. I know it's popular fashion w/ the gays, so something that looks good in a heterosexual kinda way would be nice :o
with traditional scarves, i think this is the best day to tie them (though not as puffy in the neck area

scar.jpg

tiescar.jpg

Jacy

red lipstick brigade
Aug 26, 2002
San Francisco
when you are in europe, come visit me in germany! you can get really nice scarves at turkish shops for only a few euro. super cheap but look expensive

TS
TS
Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
oh? I'll have to drop you a line then. Switzerland is right on the border of Germany. :)
I'm expecting everything in Europe to be expensive, so I'll try to stock up before I go (about 2.5 weeks from today)

TS
TS
Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
^ those actually look real badass on the models. I dont know if i'd drop that kinda $$ on my first scarf, but if I find out the look works for me I'd have no problem kopping one in the future

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I know of someone who got fired for showing up to work wearing a scarf

:kansas:

Scream_Phoenix

Handsome Boy Model
May 31, 2001
Capital City
easily my favourite accessory. i was worried about the metro-ness of it when i first started wearing them, but i was younger and it didnt seem so common then either. it was perfect though, it grew on me immediately. tshirt + med weight jacket + scarf = perfect for 5-10*C.

i look forward to scarf weather every year :o

Dio Seijuro

Oct 18, 2006
I really like the look of a good scarf and have several. But it's really hard to wear one unless you live in a place where you actually walk around outdoors for extended period of time. Not here in Atlanta...unfortunately. As soon as I put on a scarf I am in the car, and as soon as I get out of the car I am indoors again someplace. :hs:

If you are going to Europe, just buy a scarf there. Preferably something hard to get elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448