GUN School locked down after man seen with a cup of coffee

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
Coffee mistaken for a gun causes scare at east metro high school
http://www.startribune.com/local/ea...QDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7EaDiaMDCiUZ
By TIM HARLOW, Star Tribune

Last update: December 9, 2008 - 2:41 PM

A man wearing a ski mask and carrying an object in his hand that a motorist thought was a gun triggered a lock down this morning at Stillwater Area High School, police said.

Turned out, the man was carrying a cup of coffee, said Oak Park Heights Police Chief Brian DeRosier.

The school went into lock down mode about 8:15 a.m. after the motorist spotted the man and told police that he had gone into a wooded area on the south side of the campus near Hwy. 5 and 53rd Street. Police from Oak Park Heights and the Washington County Sheriff's Office immediately set up a perimeter around the school and brought in a K-9 unit to search for the man, DeRosier said.

"We were helped that with all that fresh snow," he said. "We didn't see any tracks in the woods and in the ditches along the highway."

An off-duty Stillwater police officer on his way to work around 9 a.m. said he saw a man "matching a description walking along the road carrying a cup of coffee," DeRoiser said.

At that point, police called off the search and the school returned to normal operations.

"It turns out it was a case of a mistaken article," DeRoiser said. "

===============
:ugh:

I will shoot anyone who comes and tries to take away my coffee.

D-FENS

Nov 13, 2002
I'm sick of ski-masks always being associated with criminals. I'll be biking to class in my heavy camo jacket and a black balaclava and I walk into the building, and every now and then someone gives me a frightened look. I'm like "...what? It's fucking cold outside"

HisXLNC

๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑
Oct 26, 2000
Island of Electronicus
I'm sick of ski-masks always being associated with criminals. I'll be biking to class in my heavy camo jacket and a black balaclava and I walk into the building, and every now and then someone gives me a frightened look. I'm like "...what? It's fucking cold outside"

I gave up on wearing ski masks long ago. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448