TECH School me on properly using Spaces

verbal

Mar 10, 2005
I see a lot of you use it. And I really like the idea of DockSpaces, but I don't know if I'd ever use them.

How do you use spaces? Just seems like an extra pain in the ass to switch spaces when Expose works flawlessly. :dunno:

TS
TS
verbal

verbal

Mar 10, 2005
i really dont find a use for spaces when expose does a baller job letting me know what windows i have open.
That's my point. If I want an app, like iTunes, playing music but I want it out of the way, I'll minimize it. Why put it in a space?

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
I just use two spaces, one for OSX and the other for XP running in VMware fusion. I have fusion setup to automatically open in space #2.

MUDFISH

Jun 22, 2003
Syracuse
I use one for iTunes and all of my phone and torrent stuff, one for the Internet, and one for work. Since I'm a teacher I usually show powerpoints and I really don't want my students to see my iTunes and internet.

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
i assign programs to different space windows...
don't need have to deal with short cuts or anything, just click the program in dock or cmd + tab and it'll switch to the space said program is in...

alverino03

Jul 31, 2001
bay area
I have a 24 inch lcd that I plug into my laptop at work so I don't really have a need for spaces. I tried it for a few days but went back to the conventional "one space."

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
I have a 24 inch lcd that I plug into my laptop at work so I don't really have a need for spaces. I tried it for a few days but went back to the conventional "one space."

at work i have dual screens (dell 24" + 23" ACD) and don't use spaces...
at home on my laptop i use spaces...

urban ape

take that take that take that
Aug 22, 2003
League City, Texas
set up hotkeys to use spaces

i run one space full screen safari
one space full screen mail
one space for itunes and AIM
one space for productivity ie: excel, word, etc.

set up hotkeys so that you switch spaces by pressing apple+arrow key to the space you want. it becomes almost an effortless reflex. try it like that and see what you think.

The Bilingual Gringo

KMD, 3rd Bass, just ace in the hole
Jul 10, 2002
NoVA
I just use two spaces, one for OSX and the other for XP running in VMware fusion. I have fusion setup to automatically open in space #2.

:werd:

I have to run XP for work and I do the same thing.

I'll keep itunes going in another one if I'm working on a bunch of music stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448