ART Scored an interview with a studio.

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
So I was on craigslist the other week looking for a new job. So I came across a "Amateur photographer wanted" ad. Turns out they specialize in baby photos, and in-hospital newborn photography.

I applied last week, and just got a call back! I'm excited since its photo-related.

All equipment provided by the company (I hope they shoot Nikon)

The corporate office is local, the service area is local as well.

Compensation is double my current wage.

:x:

Ty Webb

You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia
Dec 17, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
Those fake tittahs bouncing in your face this weekend must have messed up your ability to read. :noes:

It probably did. Not kidding. Plus im on 3 hours of sleep thanks to US Air fucking up last night.

I'm surprised im able to make business decisions today. I'm all kinds of thrown off.

Pants

Mar 12, 2002
St. Louis, MO
We had our third kid last year. The photographer that came to the hospital used a D90 with either the 18-105 or 18-135 - I can't remember which - and an SB600. She seemed to have basic skills, like bouncing the flash off the ceiling or a wall. She got a couple of good shots.

The same company took pics of the first two (2005 and 2007, same hospital for all three.) But with the first two they wheeled in rigs with a Kodak P&S suspended over a crib.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
Aren't flashes really bad for newborns eyes?

Congrats on the gig. Good luck!

TS
TS
The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
We had our third kid last year. The photographer that came to the hospital used a D90 with either the 18-105 or 18-135 - I can't remember which - and an SB600. She seemed to have basic skills, like bouncing the flash off the ceiling or a wall. She got a couple of good shots.

The same company took pics of the first two (2005 and 2007, same hospital for all three.) But with the first two they wheeled in rigs with a Kodak P&S suspended over a crib.

Funny, that's my gear!

But the company does provide equipment, so I'm curious. INterview tomorrow!

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
Aren't flashes really bad for newborns eyes?

no problem with flash and newborns.... both of my boys have had flashes shoved in their faces since they were just days old and both have perfect vision. a flash can at times startle a baby though, but I've never seen it happen.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
no problem with flash and newborns.... both of my boys have had flashes shoved in their faces since they were just days old and both have perfect vision. a flash can at times startle a baby though, but I've never seen it happen.

Gotcha. Guess it was an old wives tale I bought. Thanks for the info.

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
I don't have any references to post, but it's been proven that there are no adverse effects from flashes and newborn eyes. Unless you decide to shove them in their face and hit the flash button over and over, but that would affect anyone's eyes.

we asked our pediatrician about it, and she said something along the lines of, babies stare at the sun from time to time, if they can do that and not go blind, I see no reason why a flash would hurt them

TS
TS
The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
Just had the interview. Went pretty good.

Their kit is very minimal. D90 + ? Lens. Off camera strobes, and backdrops.

Stuff I'm all comfortable and familiar with.

Sounds like a good gig. One weekly office meeting, the rest you can plan your own day around your schedule. I can easily double my current income if I get hired. Will find out in 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan