GUN Selling guns online

Bill Clinton

President
Aug 2, 2000
Washington D.C., USA
I have a shotgun I want to sell online, I was going to do it on gunbroker.com.

I have sold 100s of items online before but never a firearm.

I have to send it to a FFL right? How does this all usually work? I sell it to the highest bidder obviously. I see a lot of the sellers require money orders, is this common? Then I ship the shotgun UPS or FedEx to the person's FFL?

Any easier/better ways to sell a shotgun?

Any tips/tricks?

EDIT: Was also considering selling the gun to Cabela's Gun Library, not sure how bad they rape you on their buy prices. Gun is a Browning O/U retails for 3700

Last edited:

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Have the FFL fax or email you a copy of their license ahead of time to make sure everything's kosher, then pack the gun up and ship it via your preferred carrier. Don't forget to include a letter stating who the gun is supposed to go to.

Also, make sure they accept shipments from private parties. Some places want you to have your own FFL ship it to them.

TS
TS
Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

President
Aug 2, 2000
Washington D.C., USA
Have the FFL fax or email you a copy of their license ahead of time to make sure everything's kosher, then pack the gun up and ship it via your preferred carrier. Don't forget to include a letter stating who the gun is supposed to go to.

Also, make sure they accept shipments from private parties. Some places want you to have your own FFL ship it to them.

cool, thanks for the tips, anyone else have experience with this?

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
This is interesting... so I can sell a shotgun to just any gun on the street within a state or ship it within the state directly to the individual?

You'll have better luck selling it to any guy on the street rather than to another gun:mamoru:, but in most states, its pretty lax about doing that. With regards to shipping, some places, DHL I think, don't do it period. Others, like Fed Ex have specific policies requiring FFL. I believe.

What kinda shotgun you selling?

TS
TS
Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

President
Aug 2, 2000
Washington D.C., USA
You'll have better luck selling it to any guy on the street rather than to another gun:mamoru:, but in most states, its pretty lax about doing that. With regards to shipping, some places, DHL I think, don't do it period. Others, like Fed Ex have specific policies requiring FFL. I believe.

What kinda shotgun you selling?

Edited. Haha

It is a Browning Citori XS Skeet adjustable comb, case, and chokes.

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
i know this doesn't help a ton but the UPS here requires a copy of the ffl you're sending it to

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Technically, as long as you are using a carrier other than USPS, you don't even have to tell them it's a gun if you want to avoid all the hassle with company policy and the employees that don't know it and flip out at the word 'gun'.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor