GUN Shipping to WTC in Feb

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Ohhh fun......get to do a mini basic with the other branches. After being out for 8 years I'm sure a good bit of shit has changed so it will be good.

Now I have to get my old ass in shape before showing up on Benning. Went from being Signal to Infantry at this age :rofl: Yeah I've lost my mind.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Congratulations on your decision. I did the same thing at age 46 after a couple decades spent sitting behind a desk. I ran and worked out for a solid month before my ship date. If I was going to do it over I would have started a month earlier.

WTC has changed from when I went through. I did mine at Ft. Knox, with active duty infantry Drill Sgts.

Don't be one of the retreads that gets all butt-hurt the first time you get smoked.

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Congratulations on your decision. I did the same thing at age 46 after a couple decades spent sitting behind a desk. I ran and worked out for a solid month before my ship date. If I was going to do it over I would have started a month earlier.

WTC has changed from when I went through. I did mine at Ft. Knox, with active duty infantry Drill Sgts.

Don't be one of the retreads that gets all butt-hurt the first time you get smoked.

Thanks Ranger! I expect to be smoked a few times and look forward to it in a weird way.

The past eight years I have had a great paying job but watched people continually laid off and duties stacked on. The atmosphere was once a place that was happy to have you slowly turned into you are lucky to have a job. I just sat there and said this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. The first time I was in I was young and listened to the vocal bunch where you are expected to do your four and get out and become rich and happy. Well I make good money but the quality of life sucks. While the life in the military can be total SHIT there is something about it that appeals to me. I only regret taking this long to make the decision to return.

Now as far as getting in shape.......starting after today with a program. Figure I can can get in shape with in three months. Want to be able to at least pass the 18 year old PT test before shipping.

Julius

personally if i were you i would join la legion etrangere, but best of luck

Julius

i could've worded that much differently, sorry :rofl:

essentially what i meant is that if i was in his position, i would join the legion. it's just a personal goal of mine that i have set after i complete my graduate studies. that was stupid of me to say, it has nothing to do with him.

best of luck on your decision. i can see why you want to go into the combat arms field and i hope you find success in it.

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ

essentially what i meant is that if i was in his position, i would join the legion. it's just a personal goal of mine that i have set after i complete my graduate studies. that was stupid of me to say, it has nothing to do with him.

best of luck on your decision. i can see why you want to go into the combat arms field and i hope you find success in it.

Ahhh ok that makes more sense :bigthumb: Glad I'm finally going to take a stab at something I have long regretted not doing the first time around.

Julius

Ahhh ok that makes more sense :bigthumb: Glad I'm finally going to take a stab at something I have long regretted not doing the first time around.

atta boy.

if i could do it over again, i would've dumped this faggot pogue signal bullshit and gone for 19D.

seriously, signal is such a fucking disappointment these days.

Off

Memento Mori
Feb 1, 2005
Wainwright, Ab, CA

Graduate studies + FFL? Does not compute :rofl:

People were already :ugh: because I joined the infantry when I had 3 years done on a finance degree :mamoru:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana