Should I move to Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Work on atms, worked on diebold atms for 9 years and my current company is looking for someone with diebold experience, but I'd have to move to the dallas/fort worth area.

Haven't even put in for the position so no clue on pay, would imagine it's 60k+, single and no kids and getting tired of kansas city. Think i could sell my house for 160k and I owe around 75k so would be able to put 50-75k down on a house.

I've only been with my current company since April so not very long, but I'm getting tired of the cold and working outdoors when its 20 degrees and wind chill makes it feel like 0 degrees.

What areas are good to look at for houses? Im a single guy but don't go out much unless its to a dive bar or sporting events.

TS
TS
Zimmy76

Zimmy76

Nov 15, 2001
its probably better than kansas city
It can't be worse, I'll miss the bbq from kc, but right now i always work outside and am tired of working in the cold or heat, new job I'd be inside all day. Think I'll put in for it and see if i get the job offer and what they pay.

TS
TS
Zimmy76

Zimmy76

Nov 15, 2001
Lol dfw is massive. Your question is far too vague for anyone to even begin to answer.
Honestly i have no idea, i know the location of the office building but don't want to give that information out, if this was 02-05 or so I'd tell everyone the company and the office location.

I've only been to texas once in my life so really posting this to talk it out in my head more then anything.

TS
TS
Zimmy76

Zimmy76

Nov 15, 2001
I feel like they don't take kindly to Texas BBQ in KC.
Not that we don't take kindly to it, we just think we're number one when it comes to bbq. Last time i was in texas i was 13-15, so 20+ years ago and my mom stopped at some roadside bbq joint and they didn't know what burnt ends were, i don't remember it being bad but you lose points when you don't know about burnt ends.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil
TS
TS
Zimmy76

Zimmy76

Nov 15, 2001
Maybe they can agree both are better than North Carolina BBQ though.
I can agree to that, those weirdos love mustard based bbq sauce, at least what from what I've read and heard.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Not that we don't take kindly to it, we just think we're number one when it comes to bbq. Last time i was in texas i was 13-15, so 20+ years ago and my mom stopped at some roadside bbq joint and they didn't know what burnt ends were, i don't remember it being bad but you lose points when you don't know about burnt ends.
I mean gotta be #1 at something I guess

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
you gotta get slightly more specific on which area the office is if you want any advice

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
you gotta get slightly more specific on which area the office is if you want any advice
Nah fuck it he needs to move to five points off park and 75. Close to downtown where his office probably is. Plenty of apartments for a good price.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan