GAME Sick of XP, Unlocks, Ranks, etc.

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Any multiplayer games coming out that don't have any of this?

I miss the old days of Rainbow 6, quake, UT, CS... where you practiced rather than ground.

Where you got better rather than dinged a higher level.

Where you got good with a gun rather than unlocked a better one.

...been playing Quake live a bit and it's refreshing. Any other classics with an active community? aside from CS, pretty burnt out after 10 years of it.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
Just bought the R6 Raven Shield complete collection on ebay the other day, looking forward to getting my hands on it!

SpyderMonkey

OT Supporter
Sep 26, 2003
Miami, FL
I used to love Rainbow Six on pc, the multiplayer was so nerve wracking... I was always :noes: opening doors and leaning around corners.

MassiveGas

šŸ¤™ Butt Puffs šŸ¤™
OT Supporter
May 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I used to love Rainbow Six on pc, the multiplayer was so nerve wracking... I was always :noes: opening doors and leaning around corners.
Thinking back on how we used to play that shit, patience and precision, it wouldn't be popular these days. Too many faggots wanna run and gun

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
I remember reading on one of the game sites about a month ago that Ubisoft plans on releasing another R6 game and bringing the series back to it's roots. I can't wait.

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
XP, unlocks, ranks all stem from RPG style gameplay and add depth, replayability, and accomplishment to games. That being said, some games do it better than others. If you want everything unlocked from the start, go play a fighting game and get bored after ten minutes.

tehsarb

Mr Bubbles
Nov 5, 2006
XP, unlocks, ranks all stem from RPG style gameplay and add depth, replayability, and accomplishment to games. That being said, some games do it better than others. If you want everything unlocked from the start, go play a fighting game and get bored after ten minutes.
fighting games have plenty of depth if your willing to get good at it

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
Thinking back on how we used to play that shit, patience and precision, it wouldn't be popular these days. Too many faggots wanna run and gun
:rofl: so true. There's no way you could have a slow paced strategic shooter these days for multiplayer.

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca

There was depth, replayability, and accomplishments in games before they were all pseudo RPG's.

...I love RPG's and it was fun in the beginning when they started adding xp etc. to other genre's. Now it's become tired.

It really is playing on the addiction to dings.

You're missing the point.

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
Was so fun, got my first Gaming dedicated overly expensive computer for this.

i also was still upgrading my computer pending UT releases :rofl: UT and quake 3. even though i was one of the few in my group of friends who enjoyed UT alot more than Q3. so many great times with that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Ā© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan