CREW Sim Racing

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
So I fired up iracing for the first time in a couple of months. Game wasn't reading my wheel. I triple checked all the connections, swapped USB ports, swapped the outlet on the power strip, checked for driver updates etc... Only to realize I hadn't turned the power on for the wheel. 🤦‍♂️

The formula vee is a blast to drive. Getting used to not having a lot of useable gears though. (blew one engine downshifting to 2nd :o )

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yeah, the Vee has been tricky to learn. At Laguna it seems like you pretty much just use 3rd gear the whole time and maybe downshift to 2nd going into the corkscrew for like 3 seconds and the same in turns 2 & 11...

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Yeah, the Vee has been tricky to learn. At Laguna it seems like you pretty much just use 3rd gear the whole time and maybe downshift to 2nd going into the corkscrew for like 3 seconds and the same in turns 2 & 11...
Lol. That's the exact track I was using.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Motherfucking HA POS!!!!!!!!! :madfawk:

You know it's going to be a shit race when multiple people call out a racer at the start of a race saying that they are the dirtiest racer on iRacing...

This fucking POS started behind me, so I let him pass at the start so I can deal with him accordingly. We make it up to P1 and P2 and are running like this most of the race (I was noticeably faster than him) on the first couple laps he's brake checking me in areas you shouldn't brake etc... I finally have had enough of his BS and go to pass him and he swerves right in front of me not once but twice almost wrecking us each time. While this is happening P3 and P4 catch us, I've had enough of his BS so I just let them pass to deal with his shit, he does the same shit to them. Then with 2 laps to go the 3 of them are all swerving around each other and I'm just cruising in the other lane a car behind. Going into turn 1 I had a run on them all and this POS takes out 2 of us along with himself, I was barely hit but it fucking broke my rear suspension so I went from P2 to P15 or so... Dude is by FAR the worst racer I've shared a track with :madfawk: fuck that Agustin Rossi asswipe...

Vent over, I feel better now...

Reactions: jonesn

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Motherfucking HA POS!!!!!!!!! :madfawk:

You know it's going to be a shit race when multiple people call out a racer at the start of a race saying that they are the dirtiest racer on iRacing...

This fucking POS started behind me, so I let him pass at the start so I can deal with him accordingly. We make it up to P1 and P2 and are running like this most of the race (I was noticeably faster than him) on the first couple laps he's brake checking me in areas you shouldn't brake etc... I finally have had enough of his BS and go to pass him and he swerves right in front of me not once but twice almost wrecking us each time. While this is happening P3 and P4 catch us, I've had enough of his BS so I just let them pass to deal with his shit, he does the same shit to them. Then with 2 laps to go the 3 of them are all swerving around each other and I'm just cruising in the other lane a car behind. Going into turn 1 I had a run on them all and this POS takes out 2 of us along with himself, I was barely hit but it fucking broke my rear suspension so I went from P2 to P15 or so... Dude is by FAR the worst racer I've shared a track with :madfawk: fuck that Agustin Rossi asswipe...

Vent over, I feel better now...
What was his name? Sounds like a number of drivers I've dealt with.

It's ALWAYS best to just concede the position and wait for them to crash. 9/10 that's what happens. The great HA racers don't do that shit at all. They're just skilled and FAST.
Let the guys guy and just be patient. Also, it's better to finish in P4 than P15.

Reactions: Nikuk

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
What was his name? Sounds like a number of drivers I've dealt with.

It's ALWAYS best to just concede the position and wait for them to crash. 9/10 that's what happens. The great HA racers don't do that shit at all. They're just skilled and FAST.
Let the guys guy and just be patient. Also, it's better to finish in P4 than P15.
Agustin Rossi

Yeah, that's why I let P3 and P4 pass because I figured they would all take each other out, but when they were all battling I saw what should have been an "easy" passing opportunity where I could get away from them and pull away...

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I haven't been racing at all. Social life is back in full swing. I'll be back soon though.
I've been really looking forward to racing at this track in the Skippy, it's been fun, but damn that long ass straight allows a massive draft... Also this track has taken my SR from almost a 3 to a 1.4X :rofl: The first 3 or 4 races this week I didn't make it past lap 3 or so from being taken out.

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
Just started my Iracing journey last week. Finally made it out of rookie road race. Been racing decently clean but like 2 seconds off the pace in the mx-5. Pole will be 1:23.5 and I’ll be mid pack 1:25.5. Everybody says smooth is fast. So I watched some of the race replay and the fastest guys are all over the place :rofl: Blowing apexes, sideways off the corner, etc. Not smooth at all. guess I gotta start doing that.

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Just started my Iracing journey last week. Finally made it out of rookie road race. Been racing decently clean but like 2 seconds off the pace in the mx-5. Pole will be 1:23.5 and I’ll be mid pack 1:25.5. Everybody says smooth is fast. So I watched some of the race replay and the fastest guys are all over the place :rofl: Blowing apexes, sideways off the corner, etc. Not smooth at all. guess I gotta start doing that.
Yeah, that's been my take on the smooth is fast BS as well, but I still try to be smooth anyway I guess that's why I'm still slow... 2 seconds off in the MX-5 isn't that bad, there are a lot of FAST guys that run that car. Are those times at Summit Point? That's one of my favorite tracks to run, my best lap there (during a race with draft) is a 1:23.2, by myself in practice is a 1:24.6 although it's been a while since I've run there in the MX-5, the Skippy race there a couple weeks ago was a blast!

Last edited:

Yeahdoug

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
Yeah, that's been my take on the smooth is fast BS as well, but I still try to be smooth anyway I guess that's why I'm still slow... 2 seconds off in the MX-5 isn't that bad, there are a lot of FAST guys that run that car. Are those times at Summit Point? That's one of my favorite tracks to run, my best lap there (during a race with draft) is a 1:23.2, by myself in practice is a 1:24.6 although it's been a while since I've run there in the MX-5, the Skippy race there a couple weeks ago was a blast!
Yeah Summit Point. Rookie was frustrating and ended up just letting people go and running by myself. Kept getting taken out by idiots the first few races.

Should move out of rookie oval tonight. Been really enjoying the legends cars. But it’s hard jumping back and forth. Takes a few laps to get the feels back.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yeah, rookie is quite frustrating! If you can't qualify at the front to get away from everyone behind you it's definitely better to start at the back and just pick your way through... I really suck at the oval cars, I still run them at least once a week though.

Yeahdoug

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
Yeah, rookie is quite frustrating! If you can't qualify at the front to get away from everyone behind you it's definitely better to start at the back and just pick your way through... I really suck at the oval cars, I still run them at least once a week though.
We have a sim rig at work for running cup stuff so that’s how I first dipped my toe in the oval racing. I just hate having to buy all the tracks if I want to run them :rofl:

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
We have a sim rig at work for running cup stuff so that’s how I first dipped my toe in the oval racing. I just hate having to buy all the tracks if I want to run them :rofl:
Make sure you take advantage of the bulk discounts. 3-5 gets you 10% off 6 or more 15% until you get to 40 then it's 20% off even if you only get 1 thing, unless you buy everything then it's 30%...

Reactions: Yeahdoug

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Now that you’re out of the rookies, come run the Skip Barber Formula 2000 with us. That’s where the real fun is.
smooth on brakes, smooth on throttle input! And the less you scrub the tires, the faster you are.

Reactions: Yeahdoug and yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl:

After I got taken out yesterday by a lapped car while I was in P2 (I was reeling in P1 and would have had him in a couple laps with like 12 to go) that bumped me down to the 3rd split for todays race :rofl: won from pole, I was passing lapped cars very cautiously...

1626220893109.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authentics