CREW Sim Racing

Latts

Oct 3, 2001
Australia
It took me 3 months to get my first win, it was somewhere around my 100th road race as well... Ohh yeah all my RR wins are in the skippy too, I have yet to win in anything else...
I won a radical at Bathurst. Butthole clenched for the entire race. Most stressful experience of my life. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
It took me 3 months to get my first win, it was somewhere around my 100th road race as well... Ohh yeah all my RR wins are in the skippy too, I have yet to win in anything else...
I have a few wins in the MX5 and MX5 advanced as well as a bunch in the skippy. I think over two dozen. I’d have to check. But winning in top split has only happened 2x or 3x times that I can remember.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
okay, so I looked it up.. I have 40 road wins. :)

albeit, I probably should have more and a higher IR for the amount I race. I know my next step is studying Telemetry and VRS but man that seems boring.. lol.

• Wow

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Dammit, that should have been another win... Got taken out first lap after starting P4, of course the guy that hit me didn't get any damage at all while I had to be towed. Came back out right behind the leader and pushed him the rest of the race. I could have passed him so many times... I was dropping back 3 seconds and then catching him in under a lap.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Finally got another win, after being taken out on the first lap the last 2 races...

I qualified P3 and I got an awesome start and was able to split P1 and P2 going into T1 and never looked back :)

Reactions: B-Line and Latts

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Tried a friends racing sim last night and now I need one.

first things first….I need a Pc. I haven’t built a computer in 20 years and not really interested in doing one right now.

anyone have a good suggestion on a pre-built PC that can play Assetto Corsa on a 3840 x 1440 resolution? Bonus points if it’s small/compact, as I’ll need to move It out of the way often

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles

first things first….I need a Pc. I haven’t built a computer in 20 years and not really interested in doing one right now.

anyone have a good suggestion on a pre-built PC that can play Assetto Corsa on a 3840 x 1440 resolution? Bonus points if it’s small/compact, as I’ll need to move It out of the way often
By asseto corsa do you mean iracing 😜

welcome to the club. I had my PC built at Microcenter. I don’t think compact and advanced graphic cards go together in the same conversation but I’m not a PC expert. You also want to be prepared for scalability.
I had a small pc gaming computer I used when I first started. It got the job done with VR but wasn’t incredible. It was called an Asus ROG.
are you going to VR? Single monitor? Triples?

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC

The problem with smaller PCs is gonna be air flow. With the size of modern video cards everything is gonna be super cramped in a small case and get really fucking hot.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
If you’re interested in my old PC, I can sell it. I just have it sitting in a cabinet at the moment. It handled a oculus rift CV1 with no problem. I also have an oculus CV1. I can sell. Lol.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
It's crazy how the Fanatec firmware/drivers can just go crazy all the sudden... My setup has been SOLID for the last couple months at least if not longer. I noticed on Sunday when I was running the ARCA race at Watkins Glen that the car was acting like it was misfiring at part throttle (yes I know these cars can't do that, but I swear that's what it "felt" like). It was doing it in the Skippy race tonight at Austria, if you hold the throttle in the middle it just spits and sputters. I recalibrated the throttle in iRacing and that didn't change anything. I then tried pulling up the Fanatec hardware where you can do the same thing and it wouldn't come up even after a reboot. So I downloaded the latest drivers and firmware and updated everything and now it's all working fine again. Crazy stuff...

Jasonj

OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2006
Atlanta
It's crazy how the Fanatec firmware/drivers can just go crazy all the sudden... My setup has been SOLID for the last couple months at least if not longer. I noticed on Sunday when I was running the ARCA race at Watkins Glen that the car was acting like it was misfiring at part throttle (yes I know these cars can't do that, but I swear that's what it "felt" like). It was doing it in the Skippy race tonight at Austria, if you hold the throttle in the middle it just spits and sputters. I recalibrated the throttle in iRacing and that didn't change anything. I then tried pulling up the Fanatec hardware where you can do the same thing and it wouldn't come up even after a reboot. So I downloaded the latest drivers and firmware and updated everything and now it's all working fine again. Crazy stuff...

does Fanatec alert you in any way when the drivers update? Did you buy new from them?

I’ve got a CSL DD on the way in Sept (hopefully) and have heard things about Fanatec being solid, but does have strange issues from time to time.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikuk

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I don’t find Fanatec to be any more wonky than any other PC peripheral. They all require some baby sitting. It’s the nature of the beast.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
does Fanatec alert you in any way when the drivers update? Did you buy new from them?

I’ve got a CSL DD on the way in Sept (hopefully) and have heard things about Fanatec being solid, but does have strange issues from time to time.

There's nothing automated that I know of, it seems the best place to keep track of everything is to follow their forums, which is where you will find the latest drivers/firmware etc... I did purchase new from them, the hardware has been good, the software and firmware can be a little daunting getting setup, and seems to work fine, until it doesn't :rofl: Then after updating it will be fine again until the next whatever happens...

I don’t find Fanatec to be any more wonky than any other PC peripheral. They all require some baby sitting. It’s the nature of the beast.
I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so random and goes from working fine one day to acting crazy the next...

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
There's nothing automated that I know of, it seems the best place to keep track of everything is to follow their forums, which is where you will find the latest drivers/firmware etc... I did purchase new from them, the hardware has been good, the software and firmware can be a little daunting getting setup, and seems to work fine, until it doesn't :rofl: Then after updating it will be fine again until the next whatever happens...

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so random and goes from working fine one day to acting crazy the next...
Sounds like every printer/scanner/copier I have ever owned.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Sounds like every printer/scanner/copier I have ever owned.
I guess I've been lucky then, I don't recall having any issues like this with anything else after getting the drivers installed, which has been an issue with a couple scanners, but they worked for years after I was able to finally find and get the correct drivers installed...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaaMariaa