CREW Sim Racing

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Mid Ohio Short is :bowdown: Definitely suits the Skippy better than the full course!

Still having issues with the stupid wheel, but I think I have it fixed now. Evidently you need to update Fanalab software when you update the drivers, (you would think they would just bundle it in with the driver)... I hadn't done this and it reset my wheel between qualifying and the race, so I had to spend the first couple of laps trying to adjust everything back while racing. I ended up losing 3 positions because it had reset the wheel to some crazy rotation like 2650 instead of the 1080 I normally use. After finally getting it dialed back in I was able to make my way back up from 7th to where I started (4th) on the last lap with an awesome pass going into turn 3 :bowdown: as a consolation prize I did set fastest lap of the race...

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Did you see where iRacing is going to be adding rain? I'm sure 99.999% of the time it'll be a disaster. The Formula Vee might not be the worst for it though.

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Mid Ohio Short is :bowdown: Definitely suits the Skippy better than the full course!

Still having issues with the stupid wheel, but I think I have it fixed now. Evidently you need to update Fanalab software when you update the drivers, (you would think they would just bundle it in with the driver)... I hadn't done this and it reset my wheel between qualifying and the race, so I had to spend the first couple of laps trying to adjust everything back while racing. I ended up losing 3 positions because it had reset the wheel to some crazy rotation like 2650 instead of the 1080 I normally use. After finally getting it dialed back in I was able to make my way back up from 7th to where I started (4th) on the last lap with an awesome pass going into turn 3 :bowdown: as a consolation prize I did set fastest lap of the race...
My racing has been slacking.

• Sad

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Did you see where iRacing is going to be adding rain? I'm sure 99.999% of the time it'll be a disaster. The Formula Vee might not be the worst for it though.
Yeah, it'll be a shitshow for sure and will KILL some SR's, might be something to try with a throw away account... :rofl:

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
I fucking suck in the skip barber car. Either too slow or overdrive the shit out of it. I rip in the legends cars though. Concord is pretty fun 😎

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
It takes some practice, but once you get it, it's a blast! It's probably my favorite car to race :o
I’m not even close to getting it yet. I’ll be like that was a nice lap! Look and I’m 5 sec off :rofl:

I’m just better at ovals even though it’s so fucking hard to have a clean race. Especially with all the netcoding and close racing .

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I’m not even close to getting it yet. I’ll be like that was a nice lap! Look and I’m 5 sec off :rofl:

I’m just better at ovals even though it’s so fucking hard to have a clean race. Especially with all the netcoding and close racing .
Yeah, don't go by the lap times in the practice sessions, especially if you don't know the track. There are guys in there that have been running the car for YEARS!!! Just work on learning the track and the car.

Also what setup are you using? That can make a difference as well. The track this week (Mid Ohio) you can run it as low as possible without bottoming out, set your tire pressures as low as they will go, brake balance of 54 seems to work well for me at almost all tracks, and the rear ARB at 7 or 8 (I have mine at 7 for this track).

My first few laps this week were in the 1:23 range, after I got a feel for the track I got down in the 1:20.xx's and maybe a 1:19 in practice, then in the race yesterday I qualified with a 1:19.4 and got in the 1:18's and then finally the 1:17's during the race once the tires were nice and warm.

Reactions: Yeahdoug

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I wonder if they'll have wet tires for the cars on slicks? Imagine the fun of rain starting in the middle of a race and everyone having to dive into the pits to swap tires. (and some people fucking up and just putting on fresh slicks)

Jasonj

OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2006
Atlanta
I wonder if they'll have wet tires for the cars on slicks? Imagine the fun of rain starting in the middle of a race and everyone having to dive into the pits to swap tires. (and some people fucking up and just putting on fresh slicks)

I doubt they'll have dynamic/transitioning to rain on the release. I'd bet it's just a "wet" day and only rain tires will be available.

I do like the chaos that a mid-race shower would bring though :rofl:

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I doubt they'll have dynamic/transitioning to rain on the release. I'd bet it's just a "wet" day and only rain tires will be available.

I do like the chaos that a mid-race shower would bring though :rofl:
Agreed, but for some week 13 madness it would be awesome.

Jasonj

OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2006
Atlanta
Agreed, but for some week 13 madness it would be awesome.

Oh hell yeah. I'm all for that.

I wish instead of some of the unranked races, they had wacky multiclass race every week. LMP's, Miatas, NASCAR Trucks, and Skippy's at the Charlotte Roval or somewhere equally as tight, but fast. NOW, throw in some rain :rofl:

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Holy shit, I just had the hardest race ever... I was car #1 of the 2nd split, qualified on pole, battled with P2 the first 10 or so laps until he went off, then the new P2 for another 5 or 6 laps before he finally made a mistake and backed off. So I lead from flag to flag, and had the fastest lap of the race, my first Grand Slam!!!

Ohhh, and the reason this was the hardest race is because my damn throttle was glitching the whole race, I basically had 0 or 100% anywhere in between it was like the car was misfiring again, but the indicator wasn't cutting out like before, so I'm not really sure WTF is going on with it...

Reactions: B-Line

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Looks like I might have found the issue... After some searching it looks like the cause is the hall effect sensor. I pulled it apart and cleaned it and it seems to be working correctly now, guess we'll see if that fixes it long term... If not I'll just need to order a replacement sensor.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Looks like I might have found the issue... After some searching it looks like the cause is the hall effect sensor. I pulled it apart and cleaned it and it seems to be working correctly now, guess we'll see if that fixes it long term... If not I'll just need to order a replacement sensor.
Duh. Who wouldn’t of know that?
Just kidding. What’s a halo effect sensor?

• Haha

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Duh. Who wouldn’t of know that?
Just kidding. What’s a halo effect sensor?
Hehe it's the sensor on the side of the throttle pedal that picks up what position the pedal is at. It works via the sensor and a magnet and determines the position by the strength of the magnetic field. There is a gap between the sensor and the magnet and most likely some dust etc... got built up between them which hindered the sensors ability to read the magnetic field...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaaMariaa