CREW Sim Racing

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl:

I really hate this fucking track... (Hockenheim)

I cannot for the life of me get T1 down, fuck up T2 80% of the time, 6 & 7 50% of the time, and 8b 85% of the time, for some reason I don't have an issue with the rest of the track :rofl:

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Is that a mod?
Yeah

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
  • Haha
Reactions: Nikuk and yonson

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Wouldn't a decent VR set up be cheaper/better than this potentially?
Ive given vr a couple of tries, as recently as 6 months ago where I gave the newest HP about 12 hours of game play before I returned it.
Other than the "neat" factor it cannot beat my triple 32" setup. Plus it's uncomfortable. Plus there isn't actually a headset out there that covers my PD of 72mm.
Plus there's lots of anecdotes that people are actually faster on even a single ultra wide than they were in VR.

So, potentially yes, just not for me, not yet.

Reactions: yonson

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Ive given vr a couple of tries, as recently as 6 months ago where I gave the newest HP about 12 hours of game play before I returned it.
Other than the "neat" factor it cannot beat my triple 32" setup. Plus it's uncomfortable. Plus there isn't actually a headset out there that covers my PD of 72mm.
Plus there's lots of anecdotes that people are actually faster on even a single ultra wide than they were in VR.

I mean i've never used it or a tri projector set up so i'll trust your testimonial.

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte

I wouldn’t doubt that I might be a tad faster single lap speed with my single monitor, but I’m much more comfortable racing around others with the vr so far. I can see the mirrors better or take a peek next to me. My fov with my tv was pretty horrible. Like 60 deg.

The sensation of speed into a corner seems a lot better. Fast ovals are bonkers 🤣

I do love the 3 monitor rig we have at work, I just don’t have the space.

Last edited:
Reactions: yonson and Nikuk

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
:rofl:

First time racing at Road America... Qualified 3rd, missed getting in a 2nd qualifying lap by less than a second, I was just about to cross the line when time expired and I was up almost 2 seconds from the previous lap :wtc:

I didn't make it through the 1st lap without taking myself out by putting 2 off and breaking the rear. Limped to the pits for a quick fix, 2 laps later I take myself out again on the last turn... Ended up -76 iRating and -65 SR :o

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Wow I forgot how much fun the Skip can be once it's warmed up. Only running organic 1:38s so far at Road Atlanta but still some good racing in 2nd to last split.

Reactions: yonson

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaaMariaa