CREW Sim Racing

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yeah, I qualified 3rd and was able to get into the lead on lap 2, I always mess up T1 and T2 on cold tires so 2nd was able to catch me a few laps in. I was just running behind him waiting for the last lap to pass on the long straight. He spun his tires going onto the straight and I had to lift so I didn't hit him and wasn't able to get by him so I finished 2nd :(

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Yeah, I qualified 3rd and was able to get into the lead on lap 2, I always mess up T1 and T2 on cold tires so 2nd was able to catch me a few laps in. I was just running behind him waiting for the last lap to pass on the long straight. He spun his tires going onto the straight and I had to lift so I didn't hit him and wasn't able to get by him so I finished 2nd :(
I still struggle with that in open wheelers... close up on someone while on attack and they are unexpectedly slow and I end up locking a wheel. Happened on my 3rd race last night going into the esses, barely saved a spin and dropped P2 to P5 in middle split.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yeah, I really like how this track flows. I just wish they didn't use the long version with the Skippy, the short version we had last season is perfect for this car, and is soo much more fun...

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I only have a PS4 and I’ve played the shit out of a Gran Turismo….

how is F1 2021? I only use a controller. I feel like F1 games arent great for casual gamers because they’re so fast and you’ve got 8 gears to shift through at each corner. Throttle control and trail braking is tough with a controller.

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
What’s everyone racing currently? I’m working my way through class D ARCA and the 488 gte series. Haven’t got a win yet but I’m pretty comfortable with VR now. Lots of 2nds and 3rds. Still loving it.

Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...

how is F1 2021? I only use a controller. I feel like F1 games arent great for casual gamers because they’re so fast and you’ve got 8 gears to shift through at each corner. Throttle control and trail braking is tough with a controller.
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the F1 games other than what's in GT.
What’s everyone racing currently? I’m working my way through class D ARCA and the 488 gte series. Haven’t got a win yet but I’m pretty comfortable with VR now. Lots of 2nds and 3rds. Still loving it.
I'm still mainly doing the Skippy, however now that it's starting to finally cool down I'll probably start picking up another series or 2. I was doing ARCA, but quit over the summer because of the heat.

Nikuk

OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.

I bought the Codemasters F1 every year 2016 - 2020. The "story mode" stuff is fun and you don't have to put much effort into it to have a season. Once you sort out a skill level to set the AI to it's a lot of wheel to wheel racing.
the game play is fine. Graphics fine. Physics are better than arcade but it's no "simracer".

i had always had trouble finding good clean competitive multiplayer... But I havent tried in a couple years since I found iRacing.

i always did it with a steam controller (much like an Xbox controller) until the last year or so.

on a rare occasion I still fire up 2020 and will do a race or two.

I will never buy another version though, since EA Sports bought the title and is responsible from the 2021 game onwards. Fuck them and everything they touch.

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
@Epik High I am looking to offload some gear if you are interested, I just put it up on craigslist today to see if I get any bites

T300 RS
T-LCM pedals
Playseat challenge
Open wheel addon

all works with PS4

LPE9ken.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: jaunt

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yay, I love the asswipes that over brake when you are on their ass and setting up for a pass and cause a collision... Was definitely on purpose too because you barely even have to touch the brake on that turn and he pretty much got on them hard enough I could see the front end dive and stay down. :madfawk: Stupid fucking drafting tracks...

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Yay, I love the asswipes that over brake when you are on their ass and setting up for a pass and cause a collision... Was definitely on purpose too because you barely even have to touch the brake on that turn and he pretty much got on them hard enough I could see the front end dive and stay down. :madfawk: Stupid fucking drafting tracks...
I only race against the CPU and I still don't trust them enough to be right on their ass going into a corner. :o

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
I only race against the CPU and I still don't trust them enough to be right on their ass going into a corner. :o
Usually in the top split it's not an issue, but this guy was the lowest driver in the group and I effed up my quali lap so he started right in front of me, he did the same thing going into T1 on L1, I just figured he was being extra safe, but nope a couple laps later he does it on a high speed turn.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I bought the Codemasters F1 every year 2016 - 2020. The "story mode" stuff is fun and you don't have to put much effort into it to have a season. Once you sort out a skill level to set the AI to it's a lot of wheel to wheel racing.
the game play is fine. Graphics fine. Physics are better than arcade but it's no "simracer".

i had always had trouble finding good clean competitive multiplayer... But I havent tried in a couple years since I found iRacing.

i always did it with a steam controller (much like an Xbox controller) until the last year or so.

on a rare occasion I still fire up 2020 and will do a race or two.

I will never buy another version though, since EA Sports bought the title and is responsible from the 2021 game onwards. Fuck them and everything they touch.
I’ve played F1 since 2019 only, usually the career mode has been fun especially once you get your AI level sorted out as you mentioned. I bought 2021 and can already see where it’s going now that EA has taken it over, shame really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikuk

BlaXXXima

OT Supporter
Nov 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
most recent anything I have, its changed a little since this

What size are the monitors, and what seat are you running?

I bought a G29 for shits and giggles recently, then went out to a local sim racing place and played on their full motion sim rig, and now I want to pour thousands of dollars into a setup LOL.

Plus, my desk is too low for me to comfortable sit and drive, and allow me enough clearance for my legs to properly use the pedals. I'd be willing to accept using the G29 for a while longer (on an 8020 rig LOL)

Nikuk

OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
I'm hoping they'll revamp assetto corsa for ps5
There's supposedly an all new AC release in the works.
I'm one of those people that will absolutely promote iRacing for alot of reasons, but AC is absolutely the OG. Its 20 years old but the modding community is a massive part of why it's still one of the most played simracers there is, by far.
So of AC2 can live up to, :eek:

Reactions: jaunt

Nikuk

OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.

I bought a G29 for shits and giggles recently, then went out to a local sim racing place and played on their full motion sim rig, and now I want to pour thousands of dollars into a setup LOL.

Plus, my desk is too low for me to comfortable sit and drive, and allow me enough clearance for my legs to properly use the pedals. I'd be willing to accept using the G29 for a while longer (on an 8020 rig LOL)
That's how it starts...

I got a Samsung Odyssey 49" and after a week or so it seemed like a good idea to get a $200 Logitech that clamped to my desk...
A few thousand later here I am.

32" dell 1440p 165hz curved.
A generic car seat from Summit Racing - wouldn't recommend it though, will get around to replacing it one day.
Diy "8020" chassis.
Heusinkveld Sprint pedals.
Fanatec DD1 wheelbase
Recently added Dayton Audio pucks (tiny subs) for tactile feedback
Bunch of other little bullshit.

The racerig will sit untouched for a few weeks at a time, depending on life, but when schedules align I could spend 12 hours a day in it for a few days in a row. Or, a couple hours a night for a week or two.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco

i can’t believe the San Francisco Bay Area doesn’t have a public sim racing place. I would happily pay $$$ to use a high end sim and get familiar with tracks I’m about to run.

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
My T300 RS wheel is ready to rock, GTOmega Apex wheel stand arrives on Friday, and with the huge sales on Steam, I just picked up Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa.

:noes:

Got an Oculus Quest 2 as well, but so far I can’t dial it in right, and it’s just been a headache machine. Not sure that’s going to end up working out.

Reactions: yonson

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaaMariaa