CREW Sim Racing

ayy

lmao in the distance
Jun 4, 2002
First time I've ever intentionally fucked anyone, he had 0x'd me like 6 times over the course of 2 laps, just sending it up all the wrong places but the slipstream let him keep up with me I finally just got mad and brake checked and squeezed him into a wall.

View attachment 187897
Oh ffs protests on a goddamn game 🤣

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
Did my first race at Charlotte, started last to avoid the carnage, managed to get to 3rd then this happens. Should i bother protesting this or is this a race incident? Dude exited immediately after the race was done. Still managed to finish 6th after repairs, but shit.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Did my first race at Charlotte, started last to avoid the carnage, managed to get to 3rd then this happens. Should i bother protesting this or is this a race incident? Dude exited immediately after the race was done. Still managed to finish 6th after repairs, but shit.

I would definitely say that was on purpose, he didn't even hit the brakes until after he hit you and that was past the 1 board, you can late brake that chicane but not THAT late! Also turn off the racing line ;) He's got 40 races under his belt with 8 wins, he should definitely know better, however he also has over 9 incidents a race average, mine was 4 last time I checked...

Biggest thing I can suggest is get your iRating up above 1500 and stop racing in those shit splits or that's the kind of assholes you will be racing with, I hate racing in the top split but at least you don't have to deal with that kind of shit.

Reactions: Section8
May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
I would definitely say that was on purpose, he didn't even hit the brakes until after he hit you and that was past the 1 board, you can late brake that chicane but not THAT late! Also turn off the racing line ;) He's got 40 races under his belt with 8 wins, he should definitely know better, however he also has over 9 incidents a race average, mine was 4 last time I checked...

Biggest thing I can suggest is get your iRating up above 1500 and stop racing in those shit splits or that's the kind of assholes you will be racing with, I hate racing in the top split but at least you don't have to deal with that kind of shit.
Yeah my rating sucks I had a couple of rage quits that fucked it up. That’s actually why I started from the back to try and gain positions to build my rating. I had the line on for this track because I’ve never driven it before lol.

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yeah my rating sucks I had a couple of rage quits that fucked it up. That’s actually why I started from the back to try and gain positions to build my rating. I had the line on for this track because I’ve never driven it before lol.
That use to be my excuse too ;)

Honestly when I quit using the line I found that I would learn the track MUCH quicker. Also something else that will help is to watch youtube track guides on the track and car that one of the top split guys put out. Doing this and watching replays "riding" along with the winner has helped me more than anything.

spooled2.2

fuck off real life flanders
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
I found I made huge gains going in and spectating in a top split and then just select "test drive" and try to keep up with anyone in that split, studying their lines without worry of impacting your SR or rating because you are in a ghost car and they don't even know you're there

Reactions: Nikuk and yonson

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Overtake quantity doesn't do shit for your irating.

Irating literally boils down to: did you finish in the top half or the bottom half of that session? Top half will take rating away from bottom half.
In a session with 30 starters, person who finishes P15 will get +1, person who's finishes in P16 will get -1. Whereas P1 will +60 and P30 will -70
It's not that direct of a correlation because the overall SOF impacts the math (if a 3k driver finishes P30 then everyone above the line will gain more than if it was a 1k driver finishing p30)

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
Overtake quantity doesn't do shit for your irating.

Irating literally boils down to: did you finish in the top half or the bottom half of that session? Top half will take rating away from bottom half.
In a session with 30 starters, person who finishes P15 will get +1, person who's finishes in P16 will get -1. Whereas P1 will +60 and P30 will -70
It's not that direct of a correlation because the overall SOF impacts the math (if a 3k driver finishes P30 then everyone above the line will gain more than if it was a 1k driver finishing p30)
jesus fucking christ then i don't even know what i'm doing now :rolf: Ok so for instance this last race, if i had actually run quali, i know i would have had pole. Would it have been better for me to start from pole and try and win the race or start from the back and try to finish p3? it makes no sense.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
jesus fucking christ then i don't even know what i'm doing now :rolf: Ok so for instance this last race, if i had actually run quali, i know i would have had pole. Would it have been better for me to start from pole and try and win the race or start from the back and try to finish p3? it makes no sense.
In the shit splits especially if you are fast, it's ALWAYS best to qualify as high as you can so you can stay in front of the shitheads...

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
In the shit splits especially if you are fast, it's ALWAYS best to qualify as high as you can so you can stay in front of the shitheads...
ok thanks man, i'll try that from now on. i figured with all the fools i'd start from the back and let them take themselves out but i see now what you're saying is better. I'm not great but at my level i can usually quali in the top 5 so i'l just keep trying that.

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
So predictably I got the wheel at the right price and now the apex wheel stand is sold out with no expected return date at the moment.

I was going to buy the stand and then the rear piece later so like $250 total, any alternatives worth looking at?

RickylSmalls

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Boy do I suck at this lol

Took me about 15 trys to beat the first race in assetto corsa.

I found a better table than the first time i tried but it's still not stable enough to feel good throwing my weight around and this brake pedal is a bitch

• Haha

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Boy do I suck at this lol

Took me about 15 trys to beat the first race in assetto corsa.

I found a better table than the first time i tried but it's still not stable enough to feel good throwing my weight around and this brake pedal is a bitch
Practice, practice, practice... You could try what I used for like 10+ years. A metal folding saw horse from Lowes/Home Depot for the wheel mount. I had decent luck with just using the Logitech pedals on carpet, with the grabby things deployed it worked quite well. If you don't have carpet you can just butt the pedals against a wall, or rig up a way to keep them from moving.

RickylSmalls

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Practice, practice, practice... You could try what I used for like 10+ years. A metal folding saw horse from Lowes/Home Depot for the wheel mount. I had decent luck with just using the Logitech pedals on carpet, with the grabby things deployed it worked quite well. If you don't have carpet you can just butt the pedals against a wall, or rig up a way to keep them from moving.
I'm probably not gonna jump in until gran turismo comes out im sure ill find a stand by then.
I finally got the pedals in a good place but to get max brake took way too much pressure,
I might try removing the rubber stopper or that truebrake mod someone posted.

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
i fucked up my right ankle and the doc told me to leave it alone for a week or i might have to do PT so i'm out of sim racing. its (pun unintended) driving me crazy, especially after watching the Rolex 24 all this weekend.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
i fucked up my right ankle and the doc told me to leave it alone for a week or i might have to do PT so i'm out of sim racing. its (pun unintended) driving me crazy, especially after watching the Rolex 24 all this weekend.
Damn that blows. Although if you left foot brake you shouldn't need to use a lot of pressure for the throttle...

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
Damn that blows. Although if you left foot brake you shouldn't need to use a lot of pressure for the throttle...
I do left foot brake but i also tend to throttle steer a lot to rotate the car. I also think i should put the lighter weight spring back in my pedals for the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74