CAR Sitting at the dealership ... Mazda CX-30 thread

Danno

Bronx Poodle
OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Indiana
5.8s 0-60.
Same as my WRX was. :hmm:

With 93 octane, it puts out 250hp and 320ft/lbs.
227hp and 310ft/lbs on 87 octane.
I don't know what any of that means, my wife had a CX-5 (2016) and it was extremely underwhelming....interior and ride was nice though.

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I don't know what any of that means, my wife had a CX-5 (2016) and it was extremely underwhelming....interior and ride was nice though.
Oh, just googled... 2016 was before the cx5 got the turbo engine standard.

Old ones either had a 155hp 2.0 or a 184hp 2.5.

Now all cx5s have the 2.5 turbo standard.

Danno

Bronx Poodle
OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Indiana
Oh, just googled... 2016 was before the cx5 got the turbo engine standard.

Old ones either had a 155hp 2.0 or a 184hp 2.5.

Now all cx5s have the 2.5 turbo standard.
She had the highest trim with the turbo, but I think they made changes to the turbo after 2016, or at least the torque numbers.

intro_vert13

∞/21M
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
:werd: I hyped myself up on the Tacoma for years. Thinking I'd be hauling my motorcycle in the bed, going up to the cabin or Tahoe, 4 wheeling, etc.
Maybe if I were 18 again, but these days, it's just not what I need.
wait wat

for some reason i thought u were at least 30. and if you are, how long were you taking on this whole process if it's going all the way back to u being 18 :hmm: :rofl:

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
She had the highest trim with the turbo, but I think they made changes to the turbo after 2016, or at least the torque numbers.
I don't think 2016 cx5s had a turbo at all. I have a 2016 Cx9 with the turbo and I'm pretty sure that was the first year for that engine. Cx5 didn't get it until a year or two later. It actually is fun for what it is. I imagine it'd be more fun in the smaller cx30.

Reactions: Danno and Wolf
TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
wait wat

for some reason i thought u were at least 30. and if you are, how long were you taking on this whole process if it's going all the way back to u being 18 :hmm: :rofl:
I'm 40. I'm just saying that if I were 18, I would probably enjoy the Tacoma and the associated "Tacoma lifestyle".

But being that I'm old, I'm just not using the truck how I thought I would.
I don't need a pickup with hardcore off road capability.

I need a fun daily driver with a bit of ground clearance for the rare trips to the cabin (dirt road).

It took about 18 months from the time I put down my first deposit to when I actually took delivery of the truck. Sep 2019 to Feb 2021.

Last edited:

intro_vert13

∞/21M
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
I'm 40. I'm just saying that if I were 18, I would probably enjoy the Tacoma and the associated "Tacoma lifestyle".

I need a fun daily driver with a bit of ground clearance for the rare trips to the cabin (dirt road).
interesting.

i've had the aforementioned toys (except the atv) and the only thing precluding me from getting another bike is that it snows a lot where i am, as i'd prefer year-round riding vs. a riding 'season.' it's in the blood for my family i guess.

Reactions: randomous

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place

It took about 18 months from the time I put down my first deposit to when I actually took delivery of the truck. Sep 2019 to Feb 2021.
I feel like I'm watching Taylor Swift telling all her country fans that she's switching to the pop genre and they just can't believe its really happening. :rofl:

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Who the fuck listens to XM?
I’m working through a three month trial, it’s not bad when I’m driving through a dead zone where I can’t get Internet but where I have enough service to still get satellite radio. Better than nothing at least and damn sure better than terrestrial radio in this area but I doubt I’ll pay to keep it unless it’s dirt cheap

Reactions: Ranger-AO
TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Who the fuck listens to XM?
That's all I listen to in the car.

I guess a lot of people tether their phone and use data to stream Spotify or pandora and stuff?

But I just have a tiny 2gb data plan, so I don't use my phone for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448