TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Just had a thought.... With the larger tires, the overall tire diameter is 1" taller than stock.
If I use the space-saver spare, will I cause damage from having two different diameter tires on the same axle? :hmm:

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Just had a thought.... With the larger tires, the overall tire diameter is 1" taller than stock.
If I use the space-saver spare, will I cause damage from having two different diameter tires on the same axle? :hmm:
Nah, probably just kick on the abs non stop though.

Dec 31, 2008
Is it AWD? if not then don't worry about it. Don't run it like that any longer than you have to though.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
you'll definitely put wear and tear on the diff(s) doing that, yes

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004

Yes. Also I’m guessing the bump in tire size will give you warranty issues if they arise

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Oh, actually.... the spare is a T135/80D17... which is already smaller than the stock tire size. :hmm:

Screenshot 2022-01-22 103822.png

vs. new size

Screenshot 2022-01-22 103938.png

So it may not be an issue. Especially for <50 miles @ 50mph

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
you have probably never sent 1 ft/lb of torque to the rear wheels. If you get a flat just put the spare on the rear temporarily

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
you have probably never sent 1 ft/lb of torque to the rear wheels. If you get a flat just put the spare on the rear temporarily
Ah, that's a good idea. Then just drive it lightly so the fronts do all the work. :nod:

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
If you had a Tacoma you could carry a full size spare.
dRQ2t4D.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448