FIT Skinny Vegetarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarDamage

Good grief!
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2003
West Oz
Hey guys...first time posting in here....
Im skinny and have deccided to put in the hard yards to change it...
I want to make sure my diet is up to scratch and will help my progress.
Im vegetarian an was wondering if anyone in here had tipps to help me out.
Cheers!

xSteveO

do you eat eggs? milk? cheese? etc. If you do, start living off those with a shitload of pasta, rice, veggies

m45

May 2, 2005
whey protein i guess, lots off it

Plus eggs and milk as above.

One of my mates is a vegetarian, and he's quite well built. So it can happen.

Pen Is Mightier

Depends how vegetarian he is. Isn't whey from dairy sources originally?

Obviously then milk and eggs would be out of the question as well.

TS
TS
StarDamage

StarDamage

Good grief!
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2003
West Oz
Hey guys - cheers for the responses... I do stilll eat eggs/cheese/dairy....
are these good things to eat if i dont wont to put on bad weight though?
Im thinking it will take me quite a few years to get to the stage where i look good, but i wont to get into good habits and shit with diet also.

m45

May 2, 2005
Hey guys - cheers for the responses... I do stilll eat eggs/cheese/dairy....
are these good things to eat if i dont wont to put on bad weight though?
Im thinking it will take me quite a few years to get to the stage where i look good, but i wont to get into good habits and shit with diet also.
its going to be very hard for you without lean meats like chicken breast and tuna.

Why are you a vegetarian?

TS
TS
StarDamage

StarDamage

Good grief!
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2003
West Oz
Why are you a vegetarian?

Im not sure sometimes! haha. Um, mainly cause I didnt want to eat animals if I could just eat alternatives. Even if it is a shit animal, i didnt want it to die just so I could eat it. Im not even a massive animal lover either. But heck, im stubbord and only have to roll with it for the next 50 years or so...

Plus my gf's dad keeps telling me to eat meat, so if i went back he would think he had something to do with it. So fuck him!

TS
TS
StarDamage

StarDamage

Good grief!
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2003
West Oz
and while it would probably take years to get exactly where you want, I bet you'd see quite an improvement in 3-4 months if you stayed consistent.

Um, i have been exercising more in the last 6 months or so, and eating more and shit, but I havent really put on much weight. Ive toned up a little, but as far as putting on muscle (which is ultimate the goal) Ive got a feeling I need to make it a (very)long term goal.

Thats why I asked for diet advice, cause i thought i may be eating the wrong stuff.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
Im not sure sometimes! haha. Um, mainly cause I didnt want to eat animals if I could just eat alternatives. Even if it is a shit animal, i didnt want it to die just so I could eat it. Im not even a massive animal lover either. But heck, im stubbord and only have to roll with it for the next 50 years or so...

Plus my gf's dad keeps telling me to eat meat, so if i went back he would think he had something to do with it. So fuck him!

Worst reasoning EVER:bowdown::rofl:

Hey guys, I know my body was evolved over the last few million years to live off of meat and sparing amounts of fruits and vegetables....but why do that when I can eat a synthetic processed food and not hurt any poor animals????!!!!

TS
TS
StarDamage

StarDamage

Good grief!
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2003
West Oz
Worst reasoning EVER:bowdown::rofl:

Hey guys, I know my body was evolved over the last few million years to live off of meat and sparing amounts of fruits and vegetables....but why do that when I can eat a synthetic processed food and not hurt any poor animals????!!!!

Haha. I never professed to being smart or being able to back up my decisions with inpenitrable reasoning!

Anyway, I have only been vego for a year (im 26) and didnt lose any weight when I switched. So i cant see any adverse effects.

Plus - If you were to look at me - you wouldnt think I had evolved at all in those millions of years. :rofl:

Thanks for the encouragement!

kiri

Mar 15, 2006
Miami, FL

they will die whether you eat them or not, so why not just be the omnivore you were born to be?

go out and get a fantastic steak. you'll never go back.

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
If I lived in Australia, I would be eating kangaroos and the occasional platypus (for the omega oils)

xela

So say we all!
Jun 15, 2004
Boston
they will die whether you eat them or not, so why not just be the omnivore you were born to be?

go out and get a fantastic steak. you'll never go back.

We have the CHOICE to eat meat or not to eat meat. Just because we're omnivores doesn't mean we have to abide by it. That's what is so great about being human. :)

synthetic

Apr 9, 2002
San Diego, CA
No need to suck the minimal protien by eating carbs

beans are incomplete source of protein and so is soy (basicly any plant protein, so count it as a carb)

Nuts are great but if you eat too much its a shit load of fat

Meal suggestions

skim yogurt (greek is best) with sugar free whey protein mixed in , dried fruits (figs, prunes, dates), nuts (cashews,almonds, macadamia, brazil nut) , and oatmeal or whole bran cereal ~ yield 40g+ protein

Egg whites, throw them in salads, pastas, with extra light olive oil. each egg white = 6g protien

kiri

Mar 15, 2006
Miami, FL
We have the CHOICE to eat meat or not to eat meat. Just because we're omnivores doesn't mean we have to abide by it. That's what is so great about being human. :)

yeah but the TS says he only doesn't eat meat because he sort of cares about the animals dying. i said they would die either way.

xela

So say we all!
Jun 15, 2004
Boston
yeah but the TS says he only doesn't eat meat because he sort of cares about the animals dying. i said they would die either way.

And maybe if less people ate meat they wouldn't live and die such horrible inhumane lives. :)

erok81

All your canyons are belong to me!!
Jul 2, 2003
Salt Lake City
And cows, and pigs and .............

But...but...that is what they were raised for, so it's ok. :ugh:

Anyway...to the original poster.

I usually live off of; eggs, whey, sometimes fake sausage, peanut butter sandwiches on wheat, Fage yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, brown rice, potatoes, Barillia Plus spaghetti or other pastas, fake buffalo wings/chicken nuggets, of course fruit and veg, tortillas, oatmeal, occasional indian food. :drool:

There are ton of things you can eat without including meat. I've even learned you can go fairly low carb (< 100) without eating meat, which is something I never thought was possible.

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
And cows, and pigs and .............

Cows are what are on dairy farms.

He said he eats eggs and dairy. Those animals are treated like shit too. I don't care either way. I eat meat almost every meal of every day and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor