SMH.. My mom just put $5k down on a car as a non-refundable deposit/down payment

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
I told her repeatedly to not give them anything until they agreed upon an OTD price. She gives them the deposit and they turn around and hit her with a $1k doc fee and $750 reg fee.

She's in VA car is in FL. I'm reading that FL has high doc fees but the registration is absurd. It costs around $125 to register a vehicle in VA. I've purchased the vehicles from dealers out of state. Two charged me the absurdly cost and another charged me $250 at purchase and refunded me the difference later minus a small fee.

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
I told her repeatedly to not give them anything until they agreed upon an OTD price. She gives them the deposit and they turn around and hit her with a $1k doc fee and $750 reg fee.

She's in VA car is in FL. I'm reading that FL has high doc fees but the registration is absurd. It costs around $125 to register a vehicle in VA. I've purchased the vehicles from dealers out of state. Two charged me the absurdly cost and another charged me $250 at purchase and refunded me the difference later minus a small fee.
I just paid more than $500 to register my fucking car here (FL) because a title agent in VA was too slow in responding.

WS6Formula350

2018 updated user text
Jul 5, 2001
Birmingham, AL

i waited to transfer plates/registration to my two pontiacs until i moved to Alabama. it would've been $1400 to transfer them to my name from my Dad while we were in FL.

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether

is it new?

that's illegal if so. hth.

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
violatino of FDUPTA to:

) Require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable.

TS
TS
vr6vdub

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
violatino of FDUPTA to:

) Require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable.
Is that true for new and used from a dealer?

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman