Smoker crew I am in you

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Smoke all the things.

But what are you looking at making?

Brisket, 50/50 salt and pepper mix, smoke at 260 until you hit like 202-203 internal temp, pull and rest, cut and enjoy

Ribeye and tomahawks, season as you like, smoke @ 160 until you hit 125ish, pull and sear on grill.

You can make some killer Mac and cheese, brussel sprouts, veggies. Have at it.

He mad

Jul 22, 2007
I have like a 4lb partial pork shoulder i am really considering doing tomorrow. Supposed to be cold as fuck tho

TS
TS
Jcolman

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Gonna just grill some thin steaks tonight. Set smoker to 500 degress with bottom grill way down low. Monday I'm smoking a Boston Butt. 6lbs. Put some mustard on it followed by a rub.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Gonna just grill some thin steaks tonight. Set smoker to 500 degress with bottom grill way down low. Monday I'm smoking a Boston Butt. 6lbs. Put some mustard on it followed by a rub.
Wasting pellets to cook a steak isn't a thing I like to do. That's why I have a grill. You don't get the glorious smoke flavor/ring when you're over 300. I'd say you start noticing a difference around 250 degrees.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Do not do your brisket your first cook

you will probably be disappointed

try out a steak, wings, brats, or St. Louis ribs imho

Reactions: Achance007

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Wasting pellets to cook a steak isn't a thing I like to do. That's why I have a grill. You don't get the glorious smoke flavor/ring when you're over 300. I'd say you start noticing a difference around 250 degrees.
I would want something small that uses wood just to be able to stop using a propane grill.

TS
TS
Jcolman

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
I also have a grill but it's a cheap Nexgrill that doesn't do a great job with steaks. It's ok for other foods.

Reactions: Achance007

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana