So annoying that UPS or Fed-Ex charge for a pick up

Accords 4U2 NV

OT's Resident Desi
Oct 26, 2000
PantherNation
especially when they have packages they are dropping off next few days. the UPS by us is a shit show every time, it's very small and in a residential area that sees a lot of traffic. :rant:

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
if they didn’t then every lazy fuck on your route would slow down the truck that much more

I’ll happily pay their pickup fee, when it’s worth the convenience, also if you have account with them you can give them a package without scheduling pickup if they are dropping off and they’ll back bill you accordingly

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
if they didn’t then every lazy fuck on your route would slow down the truck that much more

I’ll happily pay their pickup fee, when it’s worth the convenience, also if you have account with them you can give them a package without scheduling pickup if they are dropping off and they’ll back bill you accordingly

This. Plus $10 is worth not wasting my time taking it to a drop location or UPS store.

crontab

Oracle doesn't have customers, they have hostages.
Nov 14, 2000
yes. all the matters throughout this process is the pick up of the item at your house. the rest happens by magic and doesn't need accountability, records, tracking, scheduling, capacity planning, etc. parcel's are not size of envelops.

• Haha
Reactions: SBrooks1

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
having a UPS store near your house is a great convenience. i just drop it off, there, since i pass it many times per day.

at work, i just leave the ups package by the door and the driver will pick it up next time they are here, which is basically daily.

fedex is another story, i try to avoid using them whenever possible.

Reactions: Achance007

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
I ship car parts almost daily and have for years. Most go USPS but medium/large and heavy parts go UPS. I don't have a UPS daily pickup, but anytime there is a UPS delivery coming to me, I simply put the package out for the driver with a note saying "UPS PICKUP" and he grabs it on the way back to the truck. I've only ever encountered one driver too lazy/oblivious to take the outgoing package with him.

I've never had a single charge for pickup on my account.

Cold Brew

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
You guys must be dicks, my UPS guy gave me his cell number and I just text him when I have a pickup. No charge :)

Cold Brew

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004

:rofl: If your guy is charging you to take a package when he's already dropping one off, he must really hate you

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
You guys must be dicks, my UPS guy gave me his cell number and I just text him when I have a pickup. No charge :)
yep, being a little nice goes a long way. During the summer I'm always hooking them or Fed-Ex up with bottle waters or a beer:oopsie:. Now I can text either one and they always make sure to drop my stuff off first thing.

Reactions: Cold Brew

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
we get two deliveries a day at my office so I just drop my packages off with my admin and let her hand it to the driver, he doesn't charge and just takes them if they're labeled :dunno:

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
:rofl: If your guy is charging you to take a package when he's already dropping one off, he must really hate you

it's not the driver, it's the system, it will scan that it was handed to on a delivery route, and the charges automatically apply

just like if you put the box weighs 2lbs and it really weighs 20, they'll catch it when it gets to the sort center and your bill will be adjusted

welcome to 2020

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
it's not the driver, it's the system, it will scan that it was handed to on a delivery route, and the charges automatically apply

just like if you put the box weighs 2lbs and it really weighs 20, they'll catch it when it gets to the sort center and your bill will be adjusted

welcome to 2020
This is not accurate.

Reactions: Cold Brew

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
I ship car parts almost daily and have for years. Most go USPS but medium/large and heavy parts go UPS. I don't have a UPS daily pickup, but anytime there is a UPS delivery coming to me, I simply put the package out for the driver with a note saying "UPS PICKUP" and he grabs it on the way back to the truck. I've only ever encountered one driver too lazy/oblivious to take the outgoing package with him.

I've never had a single charge for pickup on my account.
If you ship enough it's free.

Or they won't scan it in until they get to a scheduled pu. Then it didn't look like you requested it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74