So El Beaner got into an accident and was 100% not at fault

I could have avoided this accident easily:

• Total voters

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I had some fuck do the exact same thing to me. Started to merge, I LAID on the horn, and he continued right on. I have no idea how people can ignore a horn when commencing a lane change.
I had a guy back into me once while I was waiting to exit my old apartment complex.

laid on the horn real good too :|

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
I had to breathe to regain composure cause I was pissed. I called the wife first cause I was gonna need a ride so she would get on the road towards my location.

as far as the rest of your bs, you see, very hung up on a lot of what if situations, none of which happened. Facts are he fucked up, he hit me, and he was 100% at fault. Case closed.
So pissed you forgot to brake? :rofl:

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
We are not your legal team. We don’t give a shit what the insurance company said.

You had two seconds to brake and you just chose not to brake. We know why, you care more about money than safety. It’s not complicated. You got in an accident you could have avoided, then posted about it on OT, expecting OT not to respond how we respond to everything.
:yikes:

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I'm assuming he was on cruise control and not ready to brake. I rarely use cruise but I'm the same way. I kinda relax when I have cruise on and there's no traffic.

Otherwise, he has the reaction time of a 90 year old.
Fuck no I was not on cruise. It had been raining and roads were slick. I rarely use cruise because I don't have adaptive cruise control in this car.

Deleted member 153699

Here’s the real question, if you aren’t a good enough driver to avoid this dude with all that room and all that time, should you be driving?

Forget who is at fault. You should maybe consider whether it’s safe to drive at all. People are going to make mistakes like this, if you can’t improvise at least a little, maybe it’s best to give up the keys.
He's only been in three accidents so far this year. It's good though, he has dash cam footage to prove he's not at fault in any of them.

Reactions: BAUCE

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
That's because he drives aggressive as shit.
That's aggressive? Doesn't look aggressive at all.

We have a guy at work who has been in a bunch of "not at fault" accidents. I drove with him once, never again. All over the road, can't maintain a constant speed, almost always misses his exit, etc etc.

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
He's only been in three accidents so far this year. It's good though, he has dash cam footage to prove he's not at fault in any of them.
2 of the 3 were rear end accidents. Tell me oh knows a lot, how do you avoid getting rear ended? I'd really like to know you magical wisdom on avoiding a rear end collision.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
2 of the 3 were rear end accidents. Tell me oh knows a lot, how do you avoid getting rear ended? I'd really like to know you magical wisdom on avoiding a rear end collision.

got the footage? toss it up. maybe we're being dicks about saying you're an aggressive driver who puts himself in situation to get in wrecks but not be at fault.

in this instance you never hit the brakes at all while having a LOT of time to be on the horn. which is you not being a defensive driver. sure you are 100% not a fault but it was avoidable

Reactions: ///TRASH

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

I've avoided a few on the highway under hard braking situations in heavy traffic by swerving over into the break down lane and essentially giving up my "spot" to the guy behind me. We all know you would have just laid on the horn while wetting your panties because you're too fuckin' stupid to do anything else.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
got the footage? toss it up. maybe we're being dicks about saying you're an aggressive driver who puts himself in situation to get in wrecks but not be at fault.

in this instance you never hit the brakes at all while having a LOT of time to be on the horn. which is you not being a defensive driver. sure you are 100% not a fault but it was avoidable
MUH LANE THO

Deleted member 153699

Really? That’s interesting because every time you post the dash cam the only defensive driving I’ve seen is you maintaining or increasing speed and laying on your horn. :dunno:

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX

Live4USMC

Apr 12, 2006
Denver, Mallorado
People are fucking trash. My wife was in a crash where she stopped at a red light safely behind another vehicle and some 18 rear ended her going 55 mph totaling her 2015 335i and pushing her forward into the mustang stopped in front of her. The driver of the car that hit her claimed she hit the car in front of her first trying to deflect blame but it was clear he crashed into her super fast. Took over a year to get our deductible, ambulance bill and er costs reimbursed.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
the first one you could have snuck out into the shoulder if you were watching your mirror like a defensive driver. esp when you're so slow on a highway and there isn't 3-4 cars stopped behind you. I've done that exact move and escaped being rear ended before.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec