I could have avoided this accident easily:

• Total voters

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Bro at :08 did you FF the clip?
Look at the distance between truck and Prius in front..
No it's the change from the save of the first clip to the beginning of the next from.the dash cam. It saves in 1 min increments and the accident happens right at the beginning of the clip. So in order for me to show the 5 seconds prior I just took the two clips merged them in iMovie and trimmed it. The chnage over between clips iMovie added.

Reactions: GonadWarrior

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
he merged onto the fucking express lanes. He turned his signal off and then he decided he wanted to pass the fucking Prius in front of him and didn't bother to look and make sure no one was there LMFAO
You see him merge onto the express lane
You note the slow Prius in his lane, and know he wants to be in your lane, so you stay next to him, even speeding up a little to avoid him turning into your lane
He puts on his signal, you don't hit the brakes or even try to avoid him moving into your lane

His fault, no doubt
But now your car is also busted :/

I'm always ultra defensive on the freeway bc of how idiots switch multiple lanes when merging. Rather not be involved in any accident than a "non fault accident".

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
You see him merge onto the express lane
You note the slow Prius in his lane, and know he wants to be in your lane, so you stay next to him, even speeding up a little to avoid him turning into your lane
He puts on his signal, you don't hit the brakes or even try to avoid him moving into your lane

His fault, no doubt
But now your car is also busted :/

I'm always ultra defensive on the freeway bc of how idiots switch multiple lanes when merging. Rather not be involved in any accident than a "non fault accident".
I didn't even realize he was trying to pass the Prius until I watched the extended clip(hence why this is the first time I'm mentioning it). That is me noticing something in hindsight. Originally I didn't know why he decided to change lanes, now I know.

pharmokan

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2002
L.A.
you know what, from the looks of the video, you actually sped up into him as soon as you saw him breaching your lane so you could pit manuever him. Would be a shame if his insurance takes another look at the video you posted ;)

UCFGavin

Mar 10, 2003
Orlando
I've seen people speed up when a guy signals that he wants to change lanes.
Jesus. Let the motherfucker in.

i'll do that if i'm in the left lane in the process of passing someone but there is a car in front of me and some jerkoff speeds up around me with the thought that he is going to squeeze in right in front of me :o

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
you know what, from the looks of the video, you actually sped up into him as soon as you saw him breaching your lane so you could pit manuever him. Would be a shame if his insurance takes another look at the video you posted ;)
They have the video. They've watched the video. They found their insured 100% liable. :bigthumb:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
congrats now you have to deal with all the bullshit instead OF JUST FUCKING BRAKING, but hey you get to brag about it on the internet, only for us to call you retard

aggressive driving vs defensive. dude just wanted to be right no matter what.

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
All you autists bitching about him failing to brake or take evasive action have failed to consider a couple of key factors.

1) dashcams have fisheye lenses that distort distance and angles. This is so that they can capture the maximum width of surroundings. So what may appear to you in the video to be a lot of room might actually be closer to half that much room if viewed with your own eyes IRL without the lens angle distortion. Everything looks easily avoidable in dashcam videos.

2) If you have much experience with driving, laws, and insurance OR if you read the stories of others that do, you will realize that it is not always to your advantage to try and take evasive action to avoid a wreck. Sometimes your attempt to avoid the wreck on one side can cause a wreck elsewhere, either because you lose control or you are forced to hit something else. Or sometimes another nearby vehicle then has to take evasive action and overreacts or underreacts and that vehicle causes a wreck, which may or may not involve you or be worse for you than the one you originally tried to avoid. And guess what? If someone runs you off the road and you wind up losing control or hitting something else as a result, the first vehicle gets to drive on with zero consequences or liability, and now YOU are liable for 100% of the incident, because no one contacted you. Even if you do try to avoid it and slow down just enough that they barely make contact, they can just drive away and again they are likely not to get caught and you will be left with all of the liability.

Go on youtube and watch some dashcam compilations...you will probably run across several that demonstrate this. A few months back there was a good one that showed this clearly. A minivan passes a cammer illegally and brake checks him hard while still merging in front of him, cammer brakes hard and tries to evade to the right to avoid, winds up losing control and fishtailing off the road, van continues on his merry way, cammer takes 100% of the loss because the van technically didn't touch him. If the cammer had held his place the van would have sideswiped him and either wrecked himself or at the very least probably have had to stop and take some or all responsibility for causing it. There is another where an SUV does something similar to a semi driver and eventually the SUV pits herself on the front of the semi and is found completely at fault due to the semi cammer's footage.

But yeah, sure, let's just let OT be OT and pile on with more of the "dur dur wHy DiDnT yOu BrAkE!!!" and "you could have avoided that so easily!" comments.

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
not gonna read this fucking thread, why didnt you even try to brake

kumar_a

Nov 30, 2001
Dallas
All you autists bitching about him failing to brake or take evasive action have failed to consider a couple of key factors.

1) dashcams have fisheye lenses that distort distance and angles. This is so that they can capture the maximum width of surroundings. So what may appear to you in the video to be a lot of room might actually be closer to half that much room if viewed with your own eyes IRL without the lens angle distortion. Everything looks easily avoidable in dashcam videos.

2) If you have much experience with driving, laws, and insurance OR if you read the stories of others that do, you will realize that it is not always to your advantage to try and take evasive action to avoid a wreck. Sometimes your attempt to avoid the wreck on one side can cause a wreck elsewhere, either because you lose control or you are forced to hit something else. Or sometimes another nearby vehicle then has to take evasive action and overreacts or underreacts and that vehicle causes a wreck, which may or may not involve you or be worse for you than the one you originally tried to avoid. And guess what? If someone runs you off the road and you wind up losing control or hitting something else as a result, the first vehicle gets to drive on with zero consequences or liability, and now YOU are liable for 100% of the incident, because no one contacted you. Even if you do try to avoid it and slow down just enough that they barely make contact, they can just drive away and again they are likely not to get caught and you will be left with all of the liability.

Go on youtube and watch some dashcam compilations...you will probably run across several that demonstrate this. A few months back there was a good one that showed this clearly. A minivan passes a cammer illegally and brake checks him hard while still merging in front of him, cammer brakes hard and tries to evade to the right to avoid, winds up losing control and fishtailing off the road, van continues on his merry way, cammer takes 100% of the loss because the van technically didn't touch him. If the cammer had held his place the van would have sideswiped him and either wrecked himself or at the very least probably have had to stop and take some or all responsibility for causing it. There is another where an SUV does something similar to a semi driver and eventually the SUV pits herself on the front of the semi and is found completely at fault due to the semi cammer's footage.

But yeah, sure, let's just let OT be OT and pile on with more of the "dur dur wHy DiDnT yOu BrAkE!!!" and "you could have avoided that so easily!" comments.
bro...aint no one reading that

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor