So El Beaner got into an accident and was 100% not at fault

I could have avoided this accident easily:

• Total voters

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Making complex financial decisions to determine how to drive during an impending accident is not a good way to drive.

How much will this cost if I let him hit me? Will it be my fault if I swerve but then cause a further accident? How much would my insurance rates go up if I’m in an accident?

You should only be automatically reacting to an impending accident by braking and steering. Avoiding the accident is your only objective.

The reason for this is because any accident at highway speeds is highly dangerous. You aren’t going to make any “decision” in half a second.

No other factor matters when death is reasonably probable. So you should respond accordingly.

I’m not saying this after the fact now. I’m saying this before your next accident. Which is coming.
:bowrofl:

Mr. Pepe

NPC207325568
Jan 27, 2011
shangri-la
I don't see what you guys are hating for.

1) he gets a new paintjob
Only in the areas damaged.

2) he gets a new set of tires and can probably sell his old 3 for a few bucks on CL
He'll get 2 new tires.

3) he keeps a few extra miles off his car while he drives a rental
He loses resale value since it was involved in an accident.

4) he assumed zero fault in the ordeal
Correct.

5) the other driver's vehicle, insurance, license points etc. took a huge hit and maybe he'll learn something about how to drive as a result, possibly saving other drivers in the future
OP, truck driver, or other cars on the road could have been severally injured over something that was easily avoidable by BOTH drivers.

6) OT gets one of the more entertaining threads in recent memory
Correct.

What's the downside again?
:dunno:

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
1- correct
2 - I'm getting 4 new tires (AWD I have to replace all 4 ) already been told from the body shop that they have confirmed with discount tire and are submitting that with the supplemental claim
3- never heard of diminished value claim?
4- agreed
5- has been debated both ways
6- :bigthumb:

Reactions: Mr. Pepe

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
They don't owe him lost wages lmao
LMFAO yes they do. You clearly don't know how this works. Any missed work to deal with anything related to the claim they are liable for as long as I'm not compensated by another means (like sick or vacation time). So if I were injured and say I had to go to physical therapy during work hours they would be required to compensate me if my job did not.

And because my car was incapacitated due to.the accident and I had no reasonable means of getting to and form work they will be compensating.

Last edited:

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
LMFAO yes they do. You clearly don't know how this works. Any missed work to deal with anything related to the claim they are liable for as long as I'm not compensated by another means (like sick or vacation time). So if I were injured and say I had to go to physical therapy during work hours they would be required to compensate me if my job did not.

And because my car was incapacitated due to.the accident and I had no reasonable means of getting to and form work they will be compensating.
You're not injured. They don't owe you lost wages.

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas

sounds like you enjoy getting hit for a free day off of work

so, let's see if you can avoid the question for the millionth time. do you really think there is no way you could have avoided the wreck?

Dec 31, 2008
How long were you driving in his blind spot before he decided to change lanes? You drive like a retard. There's plenty of dead people who had the right of way. Pull your head out of your ass.

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
You're not injured. They don't owe you lost wages.
Yeah you keep thinking that. Of the two of us who here has actually been a licensed insurance adjuster :wavey:

Any damages resulting from the accident are reimbursable. Since I had to miss work that day because of this and my job is not paying me for the day means I can submit as part of the claim.

Just like me replacing my daughter's car seat will be reimbursed by the insurance company. There are certain things people don't understand or know about insurance because they don't bother to read their insurance policies (fyi they're all basically the same from company to company with extras added on as riders, but all of them use the same same base form approved by the state).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec