So El Beaner got into an accident and was 100% not at fault

I could have avoided this accident easily:

• Total voters

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
What I find hilarious is the two cops that showed up both watched the video and both immediately assigned fault to him (and gave him a ticket), and even his own fucking insurance company says he is 100% at fault yet these few idiots keep thinking I have some sort of fault in it. If that had been the case then either of those two would have said something (especially the insurance company who try to find ways to not accept full responsibility).
It's his fault.

You still could have avoided it entirely by hitting your brakes.

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Here’s the real question, if you aren’t a good enough driver to avoid this dude with all that room and all that time, should you be driving?

Forget who is at fault. You should maybe consider whether it’s safe to drive at all. People are going to make mistakes like this, if you can’t improvise at least a little, maybe it’s best to give up the keys.

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
If you could stop being an insurance adjuster for 5 minutes you might learn how to avoid future accidents.

When he made an illegal lane change everything after that became his fault.

That legal precedent has nothing to do with the fact that you could have easily prevented this and chose not to because of your ego.
If it could have been "easily" prevented then I would have had some negligence placed on me by the insurance company and yet, I had none. Why, cause I was not negligent which means I did nothing wrong in this situation, plain and simple. You may not agree, but the facts are clear. Both cops and HIS insurance company are on my side on this. You may not like it but that's how it is

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Don’t you have a rear facing camera? Just for shits and giggles can we see how close the guy behind you was?
I didn't pull the rear facing footage, and car is at the tow yard, and will be picked up tomorrow to go to the body shop. I'll pull the footage when I get the car back which will probably be a couple of weeks most likely.

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
If it could have been "easily" prevented then I would have had some negligence placed on me by the insurance company and yet, I had none. Why, cause I was not negligent which means I did nothing wrong in this situation, plain and simple. You may not agree, but the facts are clear. Both cops and HIS insurance company are on my side on this. You may not like it but that's how it is
Forget everything/everyone that happened after the accident and answer this question.

If the horn was connected to the brakes, would the accident have been avoided?

El Beaner

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
Here’s the real question, if you aren’t a good enough driver to avoid this dude with all that room and all that time, should you be driving?

Forget who is at fault. You should maybe consider whether it’s safe to drive at all. People are going to make mistakes like this, if you can’t improvise at least a little, maybe it’s best to give up the keys.
Watching a video after the fact and having hindsight is completely different than experiencing the moment. When this happened I made what I felt was going to be the best choice for ME at the time. IT's easy to say after the fact "why didn't you do this or that"

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
We are not your legal team. We don’t give a shit what the insurance company said.

You had two seconds to brake and you just chose not to brake. We know why, you care more about money than safety. It’s not complicated. You got in an accident you could have avoided, then posted about it on OT, expecting OT not to respond how we respond to everything.

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Watching a video after the fact and having hindsight is completely different than experiencing the moment. When this happened I made what I felt was going to be the best choice for ME at the time. IT's easy to say after the fact "why didn't you do this or that"
:rofl: you maintained speed and didn't even touch the brakes, you honked instead.

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
This is totally understandable, but I think what most of us idiots are getting at is (at least I am) the brakes should have been your go to/reflex to press instead of the horn.

Reactions: ///TRASH

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
I didn't pull the rear facing footage, and car is at the tow yard, and will be picked up tomorrow to go to the body shop. I'll pull the footage when I get the car back which will probably be a couple of weeks most likely.

Oh...that's too bad.

I have some errands to run and I'm just gonna hop in my unwrecked car sitting in the garage and go do what I gotta do. Then again, I'm not an idiot.

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Making complex financial decisions to determine how to drive during an impending accident is not a good way to drive.

How much will this cost if I let him hit me? Will it be my fault if I swerve but then cause a further accident? How much would my insurance rates go up if I’m in an accident?

You should only be automatically reacting to an impending accident by braking and steering. Avoiding the accident is your only objective.

The reason for this is because any accident at highway speeds is highly dangerous. You aren’t going to make any “decision” in half a second.

No other factor matters when death is reasonably probable. So you should respond accordingly.

I’m not saying this after the fact now. I’m saying this before your next accident. Which is coming.

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Jesus bro, you seem to have shit luck with getting into accidents, tbh.

Several years ago, I did too. Rear-ended twice, someone turned left in font of me, drunk ran a light in an F-250 and hit me, then I spun after hitting 1"+ water from malfunctioning sprinklers. Before that I hadn't been in an accident in 15 years. :dunno:

My brother's 2nd wife's car got hit 3 times in 18 months, two of the drivers were uninsured. Life be like that.

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
This happens almost every week to me. On the way to work, there are two right turning lanes, people on the inside lane try to turn into the outside lane like there aren’t cars making the turn into that lane already.

We have left turn lanes like that too, got sideswiped by some dumb bitch who tried to get into the right lane instead of the left lane like the dots on the pavement indicated she should turn into.

Shep762

Sep 2, 2003
Just 909 things
Several years ago, I did too. Rear-ended twice, someone turned left in font of me, drunk ran a light in an F-250 and hit me, then I spun after hitting 1"+ water from malfunctioning sprinklers. Before that I hadn't been in an accident in 15 years. :dunno:

My brother's 2nd wife's car got hit 3 times in 18 months, two of the drivers were uninsured. Life be like that.
Damn, bet you buffed all that shit right out :cool:

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
he was blaring his horn in his blindspot too... :hs:
It’s entirely possible that honking makes these things worse. People turn into wherever their head moves.

“Who the fuck is honking at me?” Turns head towards sound...turns wheel even more, swerves harder.

You see this guy plow into the side with no reaction to correct. His attention is being pulled to his left where the commotion is coming from, thus goes the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor