So El Beaner got into an accident and was 100% not at fault

I could have avoided this accident easily:

• Total voters

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
This is totally understandable, but I think what most of us idiots are getting at is (at least I am) the brakes should have been your go to/reflex to press instead of the horn.

other people think the go to/reflex for people is to check their blind spots before merging

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Accident is 100% his fault but it looks to me like you could have avoided it pretty easily unless you were riding cruise control and not ready to brake.

I would get into 4-5 accidents a year if I couldn't avoid idiots like this guy.

Usually have mine on when I'm in the express lanes which it appears he was in.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
images

Graphic needs 6 more cars to accurately reflect SoCal roads.

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
Mar 13, 2003
🤠 .... 🐄 🏳️‍🌈
Making complex financial decisions to determine how to drive during an impending accident is not a good way to drive.

How much will this cost if I let him hit me? Will it be my fault if I swerve but then cause a further accident? How much would my insurance rates go up if I’m in an accident?

You should only be automatically reacting to an impending accident by braking and steering. Avoiding the accident is your only objective.

The reason for this is because any accident at highway speeds is highly dangerous. You aren’t going to make any “decision” in half a second.

No other factor matters when death is reasonably probable. So you should respond accordingly.

I’m not saying this after the fact now. I’m saying this before your next accident. Which is coming.
God damn :rofl:

Deleted member 153699

I'm sure it's not all of them, but in all the ones I've seen...

Same. He won’t yield to anyone on the road. Especially if there’s potential to have an accident and claim someone else caused it :hsd:

Reactions: cbpage

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
OP can't drive for shit and should have moved over a bit AND used that little pedal to the left, but accident is not his fault. If the OP wants to avoid the next one, he should learn to drive defensively.

Even though I hate to give in and let those assholes over, dealing with an accident is such a huge pain in the ass I try to avoid being hit instead of holding my ground.

Reactions: Achance007

TheStickman

Stump
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
Antifa Central
I had to breathe to regain composure cause I was pissed. I called the wife first cause I was gonna need a ride so she would get on the road towards my location.

as far as the rest of your bs, you see, very hung up on a lot of what if situations, none of which happened. Facts are he fucked up, he hit me, and he was 100% at fault. Case closed.

You needed a ride... when the only damage done to your vehicle is some scratches to the fender??

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
I’ll let some one crash into me like that every fucking day. I have no emotional investment in my cars and would love a new paint job for free. :rofl:
i like to avoid contact by the closest fucking margins tho bc it makes me feel like a badass and being in CA the other person prob doesn’t have insurance.

Reactions: Formz

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec