FIT so from 225 to 180 i look good clothed v.needdirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

OMGWTFBBQ
Mar 22, 2000
Austin, TX
but when i'm in trunks or naked i look like :ugh:

I'm starting to see definition in my traps, delts, biceps and legs but my chest and belly are still unsightly. recently took measurements:

neck 14.5
chest 41
bicep 13.5
forearm 10.5
belly 39
hip 43
thigh 22
calf 14.5

i'm 5'11 and go from 180 to 184 depending on water weight.

I'd like some opinions on where I should go from here. i'm doing the "pur" routine posted but lifting heavy to failure so i'm squeezing out 4 sets of anywhere form 5 to 10, then doing either 15 HIIT cardio or 33 steady state cardio afterwards. edit: i also take a brisk walk everyday at lunch for about 30-40 minutes to add some additional calorie burn.

halp.

jonno

Jun 3, 2003
Boston
I guess i'm confused because half the forum says lift big to make gains :confused:

as a beginner you're better off doing a BB routine just to get some mass on you (higher reps for the most part). not saying heavy lifting doesnt have a place though

TS
TS
moses

moses

OMGWTFBBQ
Mar 22, 2000
Austin, TX
what's your diet like?
spot on mon-fri with average macro of 35/35/30. I eat around 1900-2100 calories daily, and burn around 2700-2900 (according to bodybugg).

weekends though is a different story. i don't time my meals, drink alcohol and eat 2-3 average american meals over the weekend :(

I know that's probably causing huge set backs and i'm slowly making it better.

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
spot on mon-fri with average macro of 35/35/30. I eat around 1900-2100 calories daily, and burn around 2700-2900 (according to bodybugg).

weekends though is a different story. i don't time my meals, drink alcohol and eat 2-3 average american meals over the weekend :(

you could techincally just stay at around 180 and lift weights and definition will come slowly but surely.

Hood Moses

Halogen boi
Oct 4, 2001
NC

Eat Purs diet to a tee, slip a few beers in there later at night.

caucasion

Dec 30, 2004
Florida
ive found that im in the same boat as you. i was at 210 and im slowly losing weight but the cheat meals turn into cheat days then cheat weeks. so ive cut out as much shit food and alcohol. its helping more.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
1) Do the pur routine as written. And there's nowhere in his routine which says you can't go heavy.. you're just going heavy for more reps!

2) If you KNOW you're slowing your progress by drinking and eating like shit 2 days in a row... just don't it.. it's not hard. Or if you'd rather get drunk and eat pizza then just accept that your weight loss will be slower. It's about priorities.. you choose them

TS
TS
moses

moses

OMGWTFBBQ
Mar 22, 2000
Austin, TX
1) Do the pur routine as written. And there's nowhere in his routine which says you can't go heavy.. you're just going heavy for more reps!

2) If you KNOW you're slowing your progress by drinking and eating like shit 2 days in a row... just don't it.. it's not hard. Or if you'd rather get drunk and eat pizza then just accept that your weight loss will be slower. It's about priorities.. you choose them
hah! i'm lifting the heaviest i can with proper form. i'm weak as hell though, barely benching 135, squatting 155, not sure what my last deadlift was, guessing 155.

shrew

OT Supporter
Dec 29, 2004
good results from it?

So far so good. I've made good progress in my lifts, as well as dropping a few more pounds.

I'm in the same situation. I've lost ~100lbs, but I still need to shed another 15. I've noticed lifting with more intensity recruits more muscle and raises your heart rate quite a bit (obviously). It's all in the article.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
hah! i'm lifting the heaviest i can with proper form. i'm weak as hell though, barely benching 135, squatting 155, not sure what my last deadlift was, guessing 155.

That's fine man.. if it's heavy for you, that's all that matters. Everybody starts somewhere. When I first bench pressed I got pinned by the empty bar and had to get a friend to lift it off me... seriously.

I ended up starting to bench press using 10lb dumbells until I could eventually press the empty bar for reps.

Poopshoot

Oct 14, 2003
That's fine man.. if it's heavy for you, that's all that matters. Everybody starts somewhere. When I first bench pressed I got pinned by the empty bar and had to get a friend to lift it off me... seriously.

I ended up starting to bench press using 10lb dumbells until I could eventually press the empty bar for reps.

daaaamnnn thats wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan