So I bought a gaming PC from walmart....

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
I bought one of the CyberPower $999 gaming PCs.

Honestly, its fantastic.

No extra crap loaded on it. Off the shelf components. Video card is a Gigabyte brand GTX 2060. AsRock motherboard. Came with a 256 gig SSD.

I spec'd out a similar machine if I'd built by hand at microcenter, and I saved about $200.

1607734494601.png

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
If you're spending $1000 or less, it's hard to beat some of the pre-builds now.

It was $999

Ryzen 7 3700x
16 gigs ram
6Gb RTX2060
256 gig SSD
1 TB hard drive.

I added another 256 gig SSD I had in my old PC.

Plus it still has 2 slots of ram open so I can add more if I want.

Has coolerpower CPU cooler and power supply.

Based on spec'ing things out at the microcenter about an hour away, I couldn't build one with the same specs for cheaper.

Reactions: Perfect Speed
TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Really my only beef with it is that it only has one hard drive slot. I have like 3 2TB hard drives I was gonna shove in it. But it only has one hard drive caddy and 3 SATA ports on the motherboard. So I added one extra SSD and that was it. I could obviously shoe horn them in with some double sided tape and a PCI Express SATA card, but eh. I'll just buy a 4 or 6 tb hard drive and live with it.

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Really my only beef with it is that it only has one hard drive slot. I have like 3 2TB hard drives I was gonna shove in it. But it only has one hard drive caddy and 3 SATA ports on the motherboard. So I added one extra SSD and that was it. I could obviously shoe horn them in with some double sided tape and a PCI Express SATA card, but eh. I'll just buy a 4 or 6 tb hard drive and live with it.
No M2 slots?

tripledazed

Degenerate
OT Supporter
Sep 26, 2005
Ottawa
Don't most prebuilts give you the absolutely bottom of the barrel specs? When I was looking at some they wouldn't even specify some of the exact components so I just built one myself

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Don't most prebuilts give you the absolutely bottom of the barrel specs? When I was looking at some they wouldn't even specify some of the exact components so I just built one myself

I think what I got was pretty good.

Gigabyte RTX 2060
CoolerPower CPU cooler and power supply.
Coolerpower case that was slightly rebranded
AsRock motherboard.

Nothing I wouldn't have bought myself.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
I think the biggest pain in the ass was getting it.

I bought it online and did instore pickup.

I bought it, and then headed that way because the closest walmart that had it in stock was about 90 minutes away.
Get there and they hadn't picked it yet. I talk to a manager and she says I can either wait, or I can just go buy it from electronics and cancel my online order.

Fuck waiting around, so I go back to electronics. Wait around 20 minutes while the one guy working gives some old lady a lesson on how to use the photo kiosk.
I tell him what I want to do, and he goes and gets it for me and rings me up. I carry it out to my car.

30 minutes later on the way home I get an email saying that they were out of stock and my online order was canceled. So, I got the last one in stock.

Kind of pisses me off, I feel like had I bought it online, they shouldn't have been able to sell it to someone in store after that. But whatever. I got it and I'm happy.

Turned all the stupid RGB shit off, I can't stand that, I don't want a bunch of stupid lights, I shove my PC between my desk and the wall and I want it black and quiet.
Its an appliance. Its like, would you add RGB lights to your washing machine? Then why your PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman