ART So i bought an Extreme III CF card reader

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
i waited too long :bowdown:

my transfer rate is soooooooooooooooooo much faster with this thinger than with my $10 china rader

thats is all.

TS
TS
quid

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
i got it from canoga camera because its local to me, it was $25. Adorama has it for 24 i think.

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
I like the card reader a lot better than the usb into the camera. That way, I can be downloading and just pop another card into the camera and keep on keepin' on!

tehshocker

Jul 10, 2004
SlC YUTAH
I lost my card reader during a fire I had in my basement, so I'm using the good ole usb cable.

I do wanna get me an extreme3 card reader though.

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
The Sandisk Extreem III is only like $20 at Best Buy. I was thinking of picking up another one last time because it was on clearance for like $9, but figured I'd wait and buy a Firewire one.

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
i have the Kingston one for my PC and Sandisk imagemate 12in1 with ESP technology (same speed as Extreme III) for my laptop.

i just upgraded like two weeks ago, i was wondering why my 6 year old lexar was downloading my 8gig cards in like a total of 22min. Now with the new stuff its 8 min tops.

adamlewis88

Dec 2, 2007
San Francisco, CA
How fast does it read? Ive got a cheap little reader that I got from work that will transfer files at ~25MB/s.

I had a multi-card reader that would only transfer at about ~15MB/s.

Transferring from camera (with the 5D) is horribly slow. Im talking less than 1MB/s

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
How fast does it read? Ive got a cheap little reader that I got from work that will transfer files at ~25MB/s.

I had a multi-card reader that would only transfer at about ~15MB/s.

Transferring from camera (with the 5D) is horribly slow. Im talking less than 1MB/s

Using Extreme 3 30MB/s cards

the lexar one was at 8MB/s
The kinsgton 28MB/s
The SanDisk 26MB/s - but i think its my laptop not the card reader

BumbleBeeTuna

excuse me, your balls are showing
OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
CA
I have some card reader that I got off newegg that fits into the 4.5" bay on my computer. Works pretty well, could be faster though. I couldn't imagine having to plug my camera into my computer each time I wanted to DL pictures though

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor