so i fucked up my back :wtc:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by disblohs, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

i'm gonna have to go to the doctor over thanksgiving break to have it looked at. i've always had an odd feeling in my lower back after squatting, but i never really thought much of it. then 2 weeks ago or so i was deadlifting and i fucked something up for sure. i gave it some time off, didn't do squats or deadlifts, and then today i started a new routine. i tried to go light with the weight and i still ended up fucking it up. it hurts like hell. i don't think i'll be able to do anything lower back related for awhile, especially not until i get it checked out. any advice on what to do at this point?

2. Mojo

Mojo New Member

ouch. i would wait til see what your doctor says about your situation.

i would avoid the weights on your back. til then, just work with your other muscle groups that can injure your back even more.

3. disblohs

the shitty thing is that i can't do squats or lunges or any of that shit either..so it's fucking up my leg workouts as well as lower back. upper back workouts don't seem to aggravate my lower back though.

4. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

lower back injury sucks balls. I hurt my back doing deadlifts and I was aching for a few months.

5. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

did you warm up first?

6. Mojo

Mojo New Member

for first time folks doing deadlifts, this is normal. i walked around campus like something was up my ass for the following 2 days after my first deadlifts.

if i were you disblohs, i would stick around the leg room where the machines are. sounds like any mid/lower body exercises that involve the core would risk an greater injury and pain.

warming up is a must for all exercises i do. i suggest it as well...mainly on the deadlift/squat/bench

7. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

injured my lower back in the MIDDLE of a grappling match this summer. You probably strained it if it still hurts a week after the injury. (that was the case for me). just take time off of your lower back for a month and stretch it every day. Then when you are better start working your lower back out with weights at least twice a week on the reverse hyper extension and regular hyper extention machine.

8. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Tore muscle tissue in my lower back about 2 years ago, havnt been able to do deadlifts since, i re-injured it squatting and now its more of a nerve thing, i spent shitloads of money on chiropractor and went to physical therapy through my healthcare, rest i found was the most important thing, back injuries are pretty shitty though, just take your time with it.

9. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

My injury was a little different. My back rounded on my last set of deadlifts after doing 4 sets, and 5 sets of squats before that. It made a big cracking noise. Then it continually hurt for a few months. Especially in the morning. It hurt to the touch too. ;-[ a little above my ass area.

10. disblohs

i warmed up :dunno: i don't know what happened, but i know that it hurts if i take a step wrong. it kind of shocks my lower back with pain. also, if i sit incorrectly it hurts as well. this pretty much sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.