UFC Hall-of-Famer Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar Set for August Posted by MMA Junkie on March 2, 2008 at 4:00 am ET Mark Coleman’s (15-8 MMA, 6-3 UFC) induction into the UFC Hall of Fame came with an interesting footnote: he’s returning to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar (1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in August. Just a few hours after the former Ohio State national wrestling champion and first-ever UFC heavyweight title-holder became the fifth fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, the 43-year-old fighter confirmed the bout to a sold-out crowd and pay-per-view audience. Saturday’s UFC 82 event took place at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. No exact date or location has been announced for the looming heavyweight fight. “He’s a beast; he’s an animal,” Coleman said. “But I plan to find a way to beat his — I promised my mom I wouldn’t cuss — to beat his butt.“ Coleman, who was the tournament winner at UFC 10 and 11 before staking claim to the first-ever heavyweight title at UFC 12, hasn’t fought since an October 2006 submission loss to Fedor Emelianenko at PRIDE 32. The Columbus native hasn’t fought in the octagon since UFC 18, which took place more than nine years ago. Earlier this month, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported Coleman’s pending induction into the hall. It was believed to be the ending to a remarkable career, not the beginning of a new one. Lesnar, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion and World Wrestling Entertainment performer, made his much-hyped UFC debut earlier this month at UFC 81. Although he’d batter his opponent for all but a few seconds of the fight, Lesnar ultimately suffered a first-round submission via kneebar to former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir. Team Punishment’s Justin McCully had been a frontrunner to fight Lesnar in his next match and even went as far as stating that the UFC had “presented” him the fight. However, Coleman said he pleaded to UFC president Dana White for another fight, which likely prompted the scheduling change.