ART So I have a friend in a KISS tribute band.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
And we just went around town tonight doing shit like this.

AFkyc.jpg

More coming in the AM.

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
so like... are those just a speedlight mounted behind him? really like the effect.

We did a few things. Everything was lit with an Elinchrom Ranger (maybe overkill, but it was firing 100% reliably where my SB800 wasn't for some reason) and just played around with different configurations.

Ranger w/ Elinchrom Varistar umbrella
gEGwf.jpg

Ranger w/ 90 degree reflector on a "boom"
V1TNn.jpg

And the majority of them were shot handheld with a wide angle reflector.
4DMRg.jpg

Rear curtain and slow shutter speeds with high ISO to get some motion and ambient light.

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
what kind of reactions did you get from the patrons, specifically towards you and the strobe holder?

I think it would be funny, but at the same time a big ass strobe going off would get annoying too. Just curious as shooting people in public doesn't always get accepted very well.

Haha, with the exception of one place (where the owner kept giving us free beers) we were only around for a few minutes at most. People just didn't have the time to get annoyed. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan