TECH So i just got a ipod touch

95vr4

OT Supporter
Oct 6, 2004
Weddington, NC
I actually "unjailbreaked" mine and restored back to stock. It was just too buggy, unstable and finally pissed me off one too many times :squint:. There's all kinds of cool apps that are free in the app store.

I'm all about hacking and pirating some shit but there's not really any point with the new touch. All the jailbroken apps I had were novelty (like remote desktop) :o

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
All the jailbroken apps I had were novelty (like remote desktop) :o

yeah, i have a first gen iPod Touch that i jailbroke and all i used it for were games. i put a bunch of other shit on there, but i didn't even touch them (like remote desktop). it is still at 1.3 firmware and i'm hesitant to update it though because some of the formerly free apps are better than the app store counterparts or they have become pay apps on the app store.

Bencorn

Sep 9, 2007
Ames, IA
As long as you have the original free download, all updates are free even if the program has become a pay program. I have about 15 programs that I got before they started charging and I get free updates to them constantly. If you get in before the charging starts then you are golden.

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
As long as you have the original free download, all updates are free even if the program has become a pay program. I have about 15 programs that I got before they started charging and I get free updates to them constantly. If you get in before the charging starts then you are golden.

pre-app store, the only way to get apps was through jailbreaking. these apps have been re-released in the app store as pay apps. so, it wasn't like i got them from the store legitimately.

TS
TS
freshie

freshie

Aug 6, 2003
Royersford, PA
how do i add applications? i downloaded a torrent with like 200 of them, but i can't figure out how to put them on my touch

nevermind, still can't get it to work

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448