GUN So I just had to write the dumbest counseling statement ever.

zander357is

Oct 3, 2010
Germany
After I PCS'ed and got to my platoon I was made a team leader. Well needless to say one of the guys in my team got a parking ticket.
From NOVEMBER! Basically it was for parking in a unauthorized parking space. The private didnt even know he had a parking ticket till I told him I was going to counsel him for it. He looked at the ticket and saw that it was his wifes car which was registered in his name. And that she was allowed to park in said parking space. So I took the private and went to my squad leader and had my joe explain the situation thinking ok so it wasnt his fault I dont have to write this shit.
FUCKING WRONG!

So basically I had to write him up for not telling his wife the rules about parking on post.
Just in case you guys ever need to do the same here it is.

PFC SNUFFY on (insert date) the Chain of Command received notification of a traffic offense committed by your wife on (insert date).
The stated offense was Unauthorized parking in a Authorized reserved parking space. The Offense took place at the (insert location) on (insert post).
PFC SNUFFY it is understood that you did not commit the offense however it is your responsibility to educate your wife on traffic rules and regulations in and outside of (insert com area) controlled areas while stationed on (insert post). Driving is considered a privilege and not a right. What you and your wife do reflects not only on the unit but as a solder in whole here in (insert location).
PFC SNUFFY under (insert traffic regulation) it states that unauthorized personnel cannot park in authorized reserved parking spaces. The violation in particular can and will result in a loss of 1 point off of your license.

This counseling is furnished to you not as a punitive measure, but as an administrative measure to stress that if this conduct continues, action may be initiated to separate you from the Army under AR 635-200 Chapter 4, 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, or 18. Continuation of this pattern of misconduct for which you specificaly being counseled may particularly warrant separation under Chapter 14. If you are involuntarily separated, you could receive an Honorable discharge, General discharge, or an Other Than Honorable discharge. An Honorable discharge may be awarded under any provision of chapter 5, 9, 13, and 14. An Under Other Than Honorable condition discharge may be awarded for separation under provision of chapter 14. If you receive an Honorable discharge you will qualify for most benefits resulting from the military service. An Involuntary Honorable discharge, however, will be disqualifying from reenlistment for some period of time and may disqualify you from receiving transitional benefits (e.g. commissary, housing, health benefits) and Montgomery G.I. Bill. If you receive a General discharge, you will not receive money for educational purposes and any money already contributed for educational purposes is nonrefundable and may be forfeited.

fucking gay :ugh:.

OsirisMajor

Was this on base? If it was I didn't know base tickets for parking can cost you 1 point from YOUR license, especially when it's your S.O. Doing the driving lolz.

Also, Yeah that's a gay Page-11

Kenny Powers

BIG ANGERY
OT Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
No doubt it's a waste of your time writing that shit up, but the thing about being overseas is that spouses have to be command sponsored and they can lose it just as fast as they got it. I'd just make sure the guy knows that if his wife becomes a repeat offender she's going to lose her USAREUR driving license at a minimum, or could get sent back to the states. Spouses can't run wild here like they might be able to in the states. It's not uncommon for spouses to get banned from driving/AAFES/post, and once in a while they get sent packing.

OsirisMajor

Lemme guess actually. Car registered in his name. Wife is preggers. She is driving and parked in the :Expectant Mothers: parking spot?
This happens on Lejeune alot. Typically some bitch Staff's SO or Officers wifey wants to be lazy and park there so they call the MPs to have the car removed. Happened to my wife. Hell to make things even MORE interesting, we were both AD at teh time. Regardless that she WAS fuckign preggers some officer's wife had he car moved, she got a ticket and got a counseling from the Command even after bringing in a fucking doctor's note from the BASE hospital confirming her pregnancy.
My Top gave me the counseling sheet that was suppossed to be given to me on the incident for basically the same thing as you Joe and told me, " Your an NCO. Figure out what to do with this shit." I put it in the fucking shredder right in front of him. He told me to Carry On and went back to his office.
But either way neither of us were up for having points lost while being on base lol.

If it was the incident like what happened with my wife, maybe bringing in a Doctors note to show could help to have it removed. That's if it even applies.

But in typical fashion I also have to add this: I wouldn't have written that/ would have shredded it after I showed my higher ups I got it done. I've put the ban hammer down on my Marines when they seriously fuck up, but I don't let stupid punishment fly over rediculous thigs such as you describe.

Don't be fooled. I've been stuck on shit-lists with my command for long times b/c of, by definition, insubordination or belligerence, but in the end I had a good command that started considering my outlook for alternative solutions instead of BS career smudging paperwork.

TS
TS
zander357is

zander357is

Oct 3, 2010
Germany
Lemme guess actually. Car registered in his name. Wife is preggers. She is driving and parked in the :Expectant Mothers: parking spot?
This happens on Lejeune alot. Typically some bitch Staff's SO or Officers wifey wants to be lazy and park there so they call the MPs to have the car removed. Happened to my wife. Hell to make things even MORE interesting, we were both AD at teh time. Regardless that she WAS fuckign preggers some officer's wife had he car moved, she got a ticket and got a counseling from the Command even after bringing in a fucking doctor's note from the BASE hospital confirming her pregnancy.
My Top gave me the counseling sheet that was suppossed to be given to me on the incident for basically the same thing as you Joe and told me, " Your an NCO. Figure out what to do with this shit." I put it in the fucking shredder right in front of him. He told me to Carry On and went back to his office.
But either way neither of us were up for having points lost while being on base lol.

If it was the incident like what happened with my wife, maybe bringing in a Doctors note to show could help to have it removed. That's if it even applies.

But in typical fashion I also have to add this: I wouldn't have written that/ would have shredded it after I showed my higher ups I got it done. I've put the ban hammer down on my Marines when they seriously fuck up, but I don't let stupid punishment fly over rediculous thigs such as you describe.

Don't be fooled. I've been stuck on shit-lists with my command for long times b/c of, by definition, insubordination or belligerence, but in the end I had a good command that started considering my outlook for alternative solutions instead of BS career smudging paperwork.

Not quite. Sohotrightnow is on the right page though.
I dont think it would be a good idea for me a e4 to shred that shit right in front of my E7 platoon SGT. Especially since im new here. I am trying to keep my nose clean and actually do some good in a unit I actually like. Right from the get go at the beginning of the counseling I told the joe that this is fucking stupid but I didnt have much of a choice. He understood that I wasnt going to punish him for this. But I did tell him that there is truth to what I written and I pretty much told him what sohotrightnow said also.
However on the flip side when my Platoon sgt did read it and he fucking loved how I wrote it.
I guess I must of learned a thing or too in my 3 years of being in HQ as a paper jockey :rofl:.

OsirisMajor

Not quite. Sohotrightnow is on the right page though.
I dont think it would be a good idea for me a e4 to shred that shit right in front of my E7 platoon SGT. Especially since im new here. I am trying to keep my nose clean and actually do some good in a unit I actually like. Right from the get go at the beginning of the counseling I told the joe that this is fucking stupid but I didnt have much of a choice. He understood that I wasnt going to punish him for this. But I did tell him that there is truth to what I written and I pretty much told him what sohotrightnow said also.
However on the flip side when my Platoon sgt did read it and he fucking loved how I wrote it.
I guess I must of learned a thing or too in my 3 years of being in HQ as a paper jockey :rofl:.
Took me a few years to start being taken seriously :bigthumb:
I would not want to be stationed like that and then the Wife has to go home b/c of bad driving habits. <insert Forever Alone reference>.
So the point you'd lose on your license is from your "green card of driving licenses"? Haven't had an OCONUS station. This license thing intrigues me.

TS
TS
zander357is

zander357is

Oct 3, 2010
Germany
i cant believe that magic line statement is in this shit

pro-tip...not all counselings have to be treated as punitive. this could have been a fair warning counseling and you didnt have to write shit...if he is indeed your soldier you have discretion at how you counsel them

just file it locally like someone else mentioned

I didnt want to put in the magic bullet but my platoon sgt made me.
If I recall you dont even need to put it in punitive counselings anymore.

Kenny Powers

BIG ANGERY
OT Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
I didnt want to put in the magic bullet but my platoon sgt made me.
If I recall you dont even need to put it in punitive counselings anymore.

That bullshit gets pushed hard around here. If you don't want it to be used to make the soldier look like a dickhead later on, the best thing you can do is throw some positive shit in there about what a good soldier he is.

GiRaff3

Sep 2, 2003
PA
I had a fucking retarded Soldier on active duty. Everything from marrying a Korean stripper (she was old and ugly too), speeding, parking tickets, failure to pay bills, losing security clearance, lying on a regular basis...the list goes on and on. I had a fucking counseling bible built up on him. At one point, the BN CSM approached me and said he has been talking to my Soldier. The Soldier told the CSM that I was not "letting him get promoted." I responded by sharing a fuck ton evidence as to why I took the time to write non-promotion counselings each and every month. Even if I let the retard go to the promotion board, he would be an embarrassment and waste everyones time. During lunch, 3x a week, I held a promotion board study session for every E-4 in the unit that wanted to attend. He came every time, because I made him, and never put much effort into learning. The CSM just kind of shook his head and walked away. I ETS'd, the fucker reclassed to supply, went to school, and was promoted to E-5 at his next unit... :rofl:

CappyStyles

Dec 27, 2004
Oahu, Hawaii
I had a fucking retarded Soldier on active duty. Everything from marrying a Korean stripper (she was old and ugly too), speeding, parking tickets, failure to pay bills, losing security clearance, lying on a regular basis...the list goes on and on. I had a fucking counseling bible built up on him. At one point, the BN CSM approached me and said he has been talking to my Soldier. The Soldier told the CSM that I was not "letting him get promoted." I responded by sharing a fuck ton evidence as to why I took the time to write non-promotion counselings each and every month. Even if I let the retard go to the promotion board, he would be an embarrassment and waste everyones time. During lunch, 3x a week, I held a promotion board study session for every E-4 in the unit that wanted to attend. He came every time, because I made him, and never put much effort into learning. The CSM just kind of shook his head and walked away. I ETS'd, the fucker reclassed to supply, went to school, and was promoted to E-5 at his next unit... :rofl:

I'm pretty sure I'm tracking. The Korean stripper part got me. :hsugh:

DawnsKayBug

Oct 28, 2009
All of that for a parking ticket? Where was she parked? If it was Handicapped I could see it. But anything else including Generals parking spot ehh she didnt see the sign :hsugh:

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS

you got out and he is a lifer, sounds about right :rofl::rofl::rofl:

willijdub

Nov 24, 2007
Florida
As far as I understand, there are only two reserved parking spaces on any post: the POST GENERAL's spot, and handicapped spaces WITH a sign. (No sign means not legally a handicapped space, the damn blue lines and the spray painted wheelchair guy does not equal a legal space)

All of those "expectant mothers / sgt maj (at the PX) / etc etc are not reallly ticketable. I would not just randomly park in them, but if I got ticketed I would absolutely challenge that. perhaps have the PMO produce (or fail to produce) the reg showing that a "reserved" space is actually a ticketable offense if you park there. If they cannot produce3 such a regulation, get rid of Joe's counseling.

Just being in the Army does not mean there is no "due process". Presumed guilty is bullshit, especially in the case of it being his fucking wife. I would disagree that it is "his" responsibility to inform his wife of the rule, and this is due to the standard that "ignorance of the law is no excuse" and people are convicted of "crimes" all the time because they were "unaware" they were doing something wrong. Therefore, due to what I would cite as case law, PVT Joe Snuffy is not at any fault, and has no obligation to inform his wife, nor is he accountable for her actions. If she kills someone is he at fault? Same fuckign difference. Sometimes I fucking hate stupid army shit. This is "small" but I would fight it, especially if it was my soldier that got it and no just me.

thats my two cents.

TS
TS
zander357is

zander357is

Oct 3, 2010
Germany
wait, so she WAS allowed to park there?
In the end she is since she works for the place she got the ticket at.
As far as I understand, there are only two reserved parking spaces on any post: the POST GENERAL's spot, and handicapped spaces WITH a sign. (No sign means not legally a handicapped space, the damn blue lines and the spray painted wheelchair guy does not equal a legal space)

All of those "expectant mothers / sgt maj (at the PX) / etc etc are not reallly ticketable. I would not just randomly park in them, but if I got ticketed I would absolutely challenge that. perhaps have the PMO produce (or fail to produce) the reg showing that a "reserved" space is actually a ticketable offense if you park there. If they cannot produce3 such a regulation, get rid of Joe's counseling.

Just being in the Army does not mean there is no "due process". Presumed guilty is bullshit, especially in the case of it being his fucking wife. I would disagree that it is "his" responsibility to inform his wife of the rule, and this is due to the standard that "ignorance of the law is no excuse" and people are convicted of "crimes" all the time because they were "unaware" they were doing something wrong. Therefore, due to what I would cite as case law, PVT Joe Snuffy is not at any fault, and has no obligation to inform his wife, nor is he accountable for her actions. If she kills someone is he at fault? Same fuckign difference. Sometimes I fucking hate stupid army shit. This is "small" but I would fight it, especially if it was my soldier that got it and no just me.

thats my two cents.

I tell him to fight it. But he just doesnt care enough. So W/E. I have the counseling in his packet and signed but at this point all it is is a piece of paper that can disappear and be forgotten about at a moments notice if I ever choose to do so.
The thing is at Germany the wife is command sponsored and if she fucks up enough times the army can send her ass back to the states.
Its fucked up but thats the way it is I guess.

PS I FUCKING HATE THOSE GOD DAMN EXPECTANT MOTHER SPOTS.
Considering half of the damn parking at the PX on Ft Lewis were expectant mother spots. Thats just bull shit.

DawnsKayBug

Oct 28, 2009
I saw a base reg on parking and the base could have any parking spot for anyone as long as the CE Commander approved it. Thsi was a base reg and it wasnt overused. (Preggo 0-6 E-9 Honor Guard t the BX then the Sq CC first shirt and Chief for each Sq.) Some had quarterly award winner in 1 spot.

TS
TS
zander357is

zander357is

Oct 3, 2010
Germany
what? sorry I'm not really following. is it pretty crystal clear that she was allowed to park there and this was just some sort of fuckup or what?

either way, this is a stupid situation. I hate paperwork

Basically it was a MP fuckup. It was a fuckwit PFC MP that wrote up the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan