CAR So I want to paint my rear shock

igotyofire

Jun 25, 2003
Any advice on how to tackle this task? What colors. I wish there was a way for me to replicate the ohlins color theme. (yea i know poser) lol. Im upgrading to the R1 shock in my Fz1 by use of a custom adapter which will finally allow compression adjustment, something the fz1 lacks. Id like to paint the shock and spring before installing so im all ears!

bike in question
33lnw5v.jpg

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
if you're going to paint it, go to a hobby shop and get paint that is used for lexan/fiberglass bodies so it can handle the flexing.

If you go with powdercoating, find a company that has experience doing suspension springs because the coating is different than normal powdercoating.

TS
TS
igotyofire

igotyofire

Jun 25, 2003
if you're going to paint it, go to a hobby shop and get paint that is used for lexan/fiberglass bodies so it can handle the flexing.

If you go with powdercoating, find a company that has experience doing suspension springs because the coating is different than normal powdercoating.

does the spring every physically get hot ?..... i guess no need for high temp paint then.

Morgan06

Jan 19, 2006
ELM, MA
does the spring every physically get hot ?..... i guess no need for high temp paint then.

I would imagine this depends on how the exhaust is routed, but even then heat transfer won't be as large a concern as using a flexible coating. I'm sure that my tank gets hotter sitting in the sun than the rear suspension on a bike with an close proximity undertail exhaust would.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448