CAR So it looks like the auto bailout is going to happen

Lat

May 31, 2003
Soldier Field
:o

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/business/09auto.html?hp

The United Auto Workers union, meanwhile, is planning to seek a stake in General Motors and a seat on its board in exchange for concessions by its members.
The draft bill, which is still being negotiated by Congressional leaders and the Bush administration, would provide emergency bridge loans totaling about $15 billion to the foundering automakers, particularly General Motors and Chrysler, which are in the greatest danger of financial collapse.

Thurman Merman

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
Colorado
Great.

More taxpayer money for corporations who will just run their businesses into the ground again in a few years. And the UAW gets even more of a say in how they operate. Ugh. I hate this country.

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
It's not enough to bail any of them out.

They need nearly 130 billion between the three of them until the auto market comes roaring back, if it every does.

TS
TS
Lat

Lat

May 31, 2003
Soldier Field
Great.

More taxpayer money for corporations who will just run their businesses into the ground again in a few years. And the UAW gets even more of a say in how they operate. Ugh. I hate this country.

it's going to go from bad to worse :rofl:

TS
TS
Lat

Lat

May 31, 2003
Soldier Field
It's not enough to bail any of them out.

They need nearly 130 billion between the three of them until the auto market comes roaring back, if it every does.

The gov should just rip up the UAW contract and then bail them out :x:

xpinchx

hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil
Dec 18, 2003
East Lansing, MI
fu.png

TS
TS
Lat

Lat

May 31, 2003
Soldier Field
lol, what made them take back the decision?
If I remember correctly, the big 3 wanted the bailout and all operations will remain the same. Gov said :nono: So they came back with recessions and all this shit so it can pass. Which doesn't mean a damn thing because in order for these recessions to pass within the UAW, GM will have to give a seat on the board to a UAW representative.

Shiva Chaos

i see boobies!
Aug 6, 2002
Under your bed
on another note:o

honda and toyota are still busy trying to find places to put the cars they're producting overseas. Since no one's buying cars.... hello inventory glut.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
If I remember correctly, the big 3 wanted the bailout and all operations will remain the same. Gov said :nono: So they came back with recessions and all this shit so it can pass. Which doesn't mean a damn thing because in order for these recessions to pass within the UAW, GM will have to give a seat on the board to a UAW representative.

You mean concessions.

At least I hope you do.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
wait, they want to put a UAW member on the board? isnt the damn UAW a large reason why this shit is all fucked up in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan