GAME So now that PC gaming is OFFICIALLY dead

AtheistUnicycle

hey baby let me heuristically estimate your pussy
May 20, 2008
Valley Stream/Potsdam, NY
I need to upgrade to a console. Problem is: I dont know which one to get,

Are they both (360 or ps3) basically the same machine? Or is one significantly better than the other, and why? Please show your work.

What say you, OT?

TeKKy

Wut
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
In a van down by the river
PC gaming dead :rofl: :rofl: :hsugh: :hsugh: Diablo 3 will be amazingly epic and I'm pretty sure WOW still has a subscriber base of over 12 million.

But...Buy the system that most of your friends have. I feel some of the PS3 exclusives(Uncharted Series, Killzone, Heavy Rain, MLB The Show, Demosn Souls) are better than the 360's(Halo, Gears and also has Fable for the RPG. Mass Effect is no longer exclusive) Many games obviously are coming out multi-system so it's a matter of what types of games you really want to play. 360 you have to pay to play online, PS3 is free. People will bash PS3's service but I've never had a problem with it. PS3 gets you a blu-ray player as well so that's a big positive if you don't own one.

TS
TS
AtheistUnicycle

AtheistUnicycle

hey baby let me heuristically estimate your pussy
May 20, 2008
Valley Stream/Potsdam, NY
PC gaming dead :rofl: :rofl: :hsugh: :hsugh: Diablo 3 will be amazingly epic and I'm pretty sure WOW still has a subscriber base of over 12 million.

But...Buy the system that most of your friends have. I feel some of the PS3 exclusives(Uncharted Series, Killzone, Heavy Rain, MLB The Show, Demosn Souls) are better than the 360's(Halo, Gears and also has Fable for the RPG. Mass Effect is no longer exclusive) Many games obviously are coming out multi-system so it's a matter of what types of games you really want to play. 360 you have to pay to play online, PS3 is free. People will bash PS3's service but I've never had a problem with it. PS3 gets you a blu-ray player as well so that's a big positive if you don't own one.

i don't have any friends because i've been PC gaming my whole life. :hs:

Fotenks

Sep 2, 2004
Las Vegas
You're making the right choice. Even a PS3 has better graphics than the newest pc hardware, plus keyboard and mouse :ugh: that shit was made in like the 80s for old ass computesr and shit, ps3 and xbox controllers were MADE for gaming, you'll find your experience with games like fps' to be much better.

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
i would have agreed that PC gaming is dead.... but with the new business model the PC gaming market is following (e.g. Steam) with discounted games and constant deals, i think it still has some life left

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
but to answer the thread starter question...

PS3 has better hardware and generally you get more for your money (blu ray player included)

however, the 360 is so much better for online gaming cuz of xbox live. I have both a 360 and PS3, and any game that I purchase with the intent of playing online will be for the 360

Lukkie

OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If it was 2006-2008 there would be a case for 360, but not anymore. PS3 easy. I wouldn't say PC gaming is dead either. Certainly not as good as PS3, but still has some exclusives (Diablo 3) worth playing, if you're into mindless hack and slash nonsense.

This chart explains everything:

ibkOmw.jpg

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
however, the 360 is so much better for online gaming cuz of xbox live.

not true at all. xbl does nothing other than party chat better than psn. on the reverse you have psn which is free and has dedicated servers for their big name titles. dedicated servers > party chat any day of the week. :dunno:

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
not true at all. xbl does nothing other than party chat better than psn. on the reverse you have psn which is free and has dedicated servers for their big name titles. dedicated servers > party chat any day of the week. :dunno:

Its $50 so it must be better

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor