TECH So this guy at my office...

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
...got one of those malware apps on his home computer that bugs you constantly about how you're not protected from malware, and offers a website where you can buy their anti-malware application to get rid of the popups...

...AND HE ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT!! :eek3: I just don't know what to say.

He told me this after he did everything, naturally.

Limp_Brisket

Jan 2, 2006
Utah
lol, one of my friends did too. he's definitely not computer savvy, but i never expected him to do something like that. then the spyware tool didn't work so he e-mailed the dude that made it, and that guy said to run a tool that generated some sort of large report and e-mail it to him, and my friend did it...

when i found out i was like "so... you trusted some random person off the internet enough to send him what could have been all your private information?"

dissonance

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
KS
At least he didn't delete his hard drive. A friend of mine recently asked me to fix the computer I gave him. He said it was giving him some sort of error message and that Windows wouldn't load. When I go to turn it on I get a message saying that there is no OS found.... no clue how he managed that.

TS
TS

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Man oh man. That's even worse; at least all these guys got was just a credit card number, not that that's a minor breach of security by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan