SPORTS so today I trained with a kettle bell

TS
TS
The Ripper

The Ripper

Dec 25, 2006
Colorado Springs, Co
I got some program off the tractor for beginers. Its like a 10 day program to get you into kettle bells. Im going to start off with and then I think Im going to try out the 300 kettle bell challenge right after.

Titus

Jul 10, 2002
those things can be brutal, i've used them at the local crossfit gym and it's killer

rtzcom

bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~
Jan 14, 2005
CT
We have a single kettle bell at the gym...I have no idea how to use it lol

Sylva

Jul 12, 2005
<- Waits for Basuk to come spew his load in this thread since you mentined kettle bells.

teep

Mar 7, 2006
question for the kettle bell crew, kettle bell keeps slammin into my arm any advise?

it's all in the technique. it's kind of hard to explain in text, but if you're doing a snatch for example, you almost punch up in a circular motion as it gets to the top so you gently catch it on your wrist. if the impact is hurting your arms in any way then it means you have to fix something with your technique.

TS
TS
The Ripper

The Ripper

Dec 25, 2006
Colorado Springs, Co
it's all in the technique. it's kind of hard to explain in text, but if you're doing a snatch for example, you almost punch up in a circular motion as it gets to the top so you gently catch it on your wrist. if the impact is hurting your arms in any way then it means you have to fix something with your technique.

I got in contact with this guy in my area and asked him for a private lesson. Guy trained under mike mauler and is the only hardcore kettlebell guy in the area. I dished out like 30 bucks for an hour but my form is worlds better now. I get what you were talking about.

When you swing you have to make a motion like your zipping your pants up and then punch to the sky. You also shift the weight in your hads so it slides not just slams into your arm.

teep

Mar 7, 2006
I got in contact with this guy in my area and asked him for a private lesson. Guy trained under mike mauler and is the only hardcore kettlebell guy in the area. I dished out like 30 bucks for an hour but my form is worlds better now. I get what you were talking about.

When you swing you have to make a motion like your zipping your pants up and then punch to the sky. You also shift the weight in your hads so it slides not just slams into your arm.

if the dude learned from mahler he knows what he's doing. dishing our 30 bucks for an hour isn't bad at all. after a couple sessions you'll just be able to do everything on your own.

TS
TS
The Ripper

The Ripper

Dec 25, 2006
Colorado Springs, Co
if the dude learned from mahler he knows what he's doing. dishing our 30 bucks for an hour isn't bad at all. after a couple sessions you'll just be able to do everything on your own.

im good to go on my own right now. I just wanted to clean up my form a bit and mainly stop slapping the bell on my fore arm. Now Im happy to go it alone. I think I will probably hit him up in a month or two once I get all my stuff together and pay for another private so he can get a routine together for me

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor