So what famous people have you met, know personally ect. And tell a story

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
A local radio DJ here said when Megadeath came here in the late 90's, Mustaine was a dick. The DJ was working for the venue at the time and said Mustaine gave him some backstage passes to go hand out to hot chicks in the crowd. The DJ said he gave all the passes to dudes to get back at him. :rofl:
Yea I guess he was before. Dude held the door for me, super nice and always was insanely cool. Tbh I didn’t even know who he was when I first met him. Buddy was like… um you know that’s the fuckin guy from Megadeth?

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I never met him, but when I bought some property in the middle of nowhere New Mexico all the locals were full of stories about Val Kilmer. He owned a lot of land near mine and whenever he was in the area he made it a point to let everyone know that they, their ancestors, their descendants and everyone they knew were lower than shit compared to him. He was absolutely HATED by everyone in the area and any time I met someone new in the area as soon as they found out where my property was they'd ask if I knew him and then they would launch right in to a story about how racist he was.

Property was near Rowe, NM.

edit: google found this article about him and his NM drama :yikes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bugalu

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
dino cazares - been friends with him forever. proposed to my wife at a fear factory show.
adam dookiewitz - bought a bunch of cool gear from him and hung out with him at a killswitch show. exchange texts with him sometimes.
met all of static-x recently. tony's a super nice guy.

Reactions: anemic and bubbaZR2
TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Met Jay Leno backstage and a few times at car meets over the years. Nicest guy ever, extremely personable and engaging.

Saw Steven Tyler at a grocery store about 6-7 years ago. Tried to point him out subtly to my wife (gf at the time), after the 3rd or 4th try she asked my why I kept pointing at that crazy looking woman :rofl: Dude definitely looked like a lady.

Worked with Tanya Robert's (Donna's mom from That 70s Show and a Playboy centerfold), super nice and very intelligent.

One of my relatives was the youngest parliament member in the EU at some point. I can't tell those stories. :rofl:

That's about it I think
Jay Leno.

Old roommate cop worked close to his hanger where he stores his cars. Jay yells out, you guys hungry? Come on in!

Gives them food, and a full tour of his shop.

Buddy got home and is telling me about it….. “so what was a cool car you saw? “I dunno, they all looked the same”😡

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
Dozens. I worked in the music and film business for several years. I worked for Shep Gordon who has a documentary about him, so I guess he's famous.

Luther Vandross. I was at his home almost daily.
Jack Nicholson
Danny Devito and his wife
Sylvester Stallone
John Paul Jones
Alice Cooper
Teddy Pendergrass
Kenny Loggins
The Pointer Sisters
Val Kilmer (spent a day with him while I was a cast member in The Doors movie)
John Daily (spent a day with him while filming a car commercial. Dude was drinking hard alcohol at 8am, but very funny and nice)
Elvira
Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger)
Deborah Foreman (star of Valley Girl. I had a HUGE crush on her and later discovered she was the sister of a good friend)
Many more.

1fastz28

Here for the lulz.
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2004
The Woodlands Texas
I bought Kurt Busch a beer at a Cardinals Game after he through out the first pitch. He was in line to buy a beer and nobody recognized him(this was really early in his career). The broad he was with was an absolute smoke show.

Reactions: jonesn and Bugalu
TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Dozens. I worked in the music and film business for several years. I worked for Shep Gordon who has a documentary about him, so I guess he's famous.

Luther Vandross. I was at his home almost daily.
Jack Nicholson
Danny Devito and his wife
Sylvester Stallone
John Paul Jones
Alice Cooper
Teddy Pendergrass
Kenny Loggins
The Pointer Sisters
Val Kilmer (spent a day with him while I was a cast member in The Doors movie)
John Daily (spent a day with him while filming a car commercial. Dude was drinking hard alcohol at 8am, but very funny and nice)
Elvira
Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger)
Deborah Foreman (star of Valley Girl. I had a HUGE crush on her and later discovered she was the sister of a good friend)
Many more.
How’s Divito?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Jay Leno.

Old roommate cop worked close to his hanger where he stores his cars. Jay yells out, you guys hungry? Come on in!

Gives them food, and a full tour of his shop.

Buddy got home and is telling me about it….. “so what was a cool car you saw? “I dunno, they all looked the same”😡
When we were backstage before the show hanging out in the green room, he came in to talk to some people (wearing a Canadian tuxedo obviously.) I didn't want to bother him or anything, but after he was done with his conversation he walked right up to us and asked how we were doing, who were we excited about seeing on the show, and had someone bring us a bunch of swag. Such a low key guy considering his immense success. :bowdown:

Then Patti LaBelle's drummer spent the next 15 minutes trying to buy my dad's gold bracelet. :rofl:

Last edited:

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
Dennis Rodman, on a plane, seemed nice enough, didn't really talk to him much.
Shaq, met him in store in Orlando. I was with a very pretty girl I worked with and she asked for pics. The pic he took with me he's talking to someone on the phone and completely out of it doesn't care (I don't blame him). The pic he took with the girl he is completely engaged and tried to get her information. He was also really nice.
Dwight Howard, the Magic used to practice at the gym I worked out at and played pick-up at. He used to play some pick-up games with us, he was actually really cool.
Tom Berenger, met him when I was a kid during a time he was filming at a HS in Miami, asshole

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
When we were backstage before the show hanging out in the green room, he came in to talk to some people (wearing a Canadian tuxedo obviously.) I didn't want to bother him or anything, but after he was done with his conversation he walked right up to us and asked how we were doing, who were we excited about seeing on the showing had someone bring us a bunch of swag. Such a low key guy considering his immense success. :bowdown:

Then Patti LaBelle's drummer spent the next 15 minutes trying to buy my dad's gold bracelet. :rofl:
Used to see Jay a lot in Hermosa on Sunday. You’d see the most random car drive by and it’s Jay. Always waving to people and having fun

Reactions: Actvs Dei

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
How’s Divito?
He and his wife both seemed nice. It was a dinner party my boss put on. Jack Nicholson was there, and every time he spoke the whole place would get quiet because he was in Batman around that time and was really famous. The whole crowd was doing blow all night and drinking. Jack passed out face down on the dinning table. He woke an hour or so later and said, "I just wanna know one thing". When he did the place got super quiet again. Jack then said in a staggered voice, "Is this my house?". The place broke out in laughter, and Jack's bodyguards helped him to his limo. It was super funny.

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
More than @SBrooks1 and I got paid to meet them.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bugalu

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Dennis Rodman, on a plane, seemed nice enough, didn't really talk to him much.
Shaq, met him in store in Orlando. I was with a very pretty girl I worked with and she asked for pics. The pic he took with me he's talking to someone on the phone and completely out of it doesn't care (I don't blame him). The pic he took with the girl he is completely engaged and tried to get her information. He was also really nice.
Dwight Howard, the Magic used to practice at the gym I worked out at and played pick-up at. He used to play some pick-up games with us, he was actually really cool.
Tom Berenger, met him when I was a kid during a time he was filming at a HS in Miami, asshole
Saw Rodman a few time at Class of 47 bar in Balboa. Friend lived walking distance from the bar and Rodman would frequent there.

He always wears a Class of 47 hat.
1655841978120.png

Toadster

have you SHARTEEZED today?
Dec 13, 2001
...fresh from the Toadstool.
this was probably 15 years ago, but I took a piss next to Viper in the Pittsburgh Airport

58182827-0-image-a-215_1653331770032.jpg

Also, I met the the 3 storms from Big Trouble in Little China, they sat behind me on a flight to Hawaii (long time ago) but they were hilarious!!
john-carpenter-on-the-rocks-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake-1.jpeg

also, met Ted Tuner a few weeks ago at his steakhouse in Atlanta, GA
gettyimages-450534760.jpg

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
this was probably 15 years ago, but I took a piss next to Viper in the Pittsburgh Airport

Also, I met the the 3 storms from Big Trouble in Little China, they sat behind me on a flight to Hawaii (long time ago) but they were hilarious!!

You get a glance of his viper?

• Haha
Reactions: dmac411 and Bugalu

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place

Kelly Mcjiggles chin is echoing down her body :yikes:

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
Yea I guess he was before. Dude held the door for me, super nice and always was insanely cool. Tbh I didn’t even know who he was when I first met him. Buddy was like… um you know that’s the fuckin guy from Megadeth?
Met him in 99. He was like nice with an air of douche mixed in.

Good to here he's backed it off a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle