So what famous people have you met, know personally ect. And tell a story

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Jimmy Buffett is one of my dad's best friends. He was one of the grooms men in my parent's wedding. Dad meet him in the Keys when he got back from Vietnam and was working on private boats for a while and worked as a bartender at the Charter Room. My parents, Jimmy and his wife Jane usually spend a week in Saint Barts together.
That’s bad ass

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
I went to college and partied in similar circles with the great Pat McAfee- During a halloween party at a bar at WVU (who i was friends with the owner) I got us into the backroom where a few of us did nosebeers from 1-4am. The dude was wearing a penis costume with inflatable balls :rofl:

Dude could TALK....literally about anything and make it funny/entertaining. You could tell even back then he was going to be a media star :rofl:

Math-E

Oct 11, 2002
Lakeview
Jeffrey Epstein. He was friendly but had a flaming homosexual vibe. My dad owned a furniture store in St. James. Mr. Epstein came in and ordered 50 mattresses, wanted them delivered to his island. We moved them all by boat. Me, my dad, and 2 other workers eached carried a mattress (sizes twin and double) one at a time on our backs. It was a brutal day. What was weird was we were instructed to place the mattresses on the floor of each room. There were no beds. We pretty much guessed what was going on there, but we figured it was a gay resort.

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Jeffrey Epstein. He was friendly but had a flaming homosexual vibe. My dad owned a furniture store in St. James. Mr. Epstein came in and ordered 50 mattresses, wanted them delivered to his island. We moved them all by boat. Me, my dad, and 2 other workers eached carried a mattress (sizes twin and double) one at a time on our backs. It was a brutal day. What was weird was we were instructed to place the mattresses on the floor of each room. There were no beds. We pretty much guessed what was going on there, but we figured it was a gay resort.
giphy.gif

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Hundreds, the majority in professional settings so no real drama stories. Most are cool and down to earth and just want to be treated like anyone else, but you can tell the ones that are going to be dicks so I always just ignored them :rofl: In public some that really stand out as being great people were Little Richard, Reba, Charlie Daniels, and every color commentary/analyst I've ever met like Wil Buxton, Rutledge Wood, Dave McClelland were awesome and great to have a few beers with.

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
Hundreds, the majority in professional settings so no real drama stories. Most are cool and down to earth and just want to be treated like anyone else, but you can tell the ones that are going to be dicks so I always just ignored them :rofl: In public some that really stand out as being great people were Little Richard, Reba, Charlie Daniels, and every color commentary/analyst I've ever met like Wil Buxton, Rutledge Wood, Dave McClelland were awesome and great to have a few beers with.
that reminds me, i did some VO work with craig hummer (PBR commentator). really cool guy.

Reactions: yonson

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
This reminded me:

Frankie Muniz - met him one of the F1 races at Indy. Thought it was the one in 2000 but maybe it was 2004, trying to find the pictures. We were walking around the support race paddock just checking out cars on Thursday or Friday when we came across him chilling in the shade wearing a driving suit pulled down to his waist with a book. He was insanely nice, I think because I was the only one that recognized him from TV :rofl: The other guys I was with had no clue but I walked over and said "I had no idea you also raced, I love your other work, but would love to know more about the racing."

And he proceeded to give us a 20 minute talk on his car, his racing, etc. When we got back I told them to go watch some Malcom reruns :rofl:

The 2000 trip to F1 in Indy we also got some stuff signed by a couple of different drivers, including 1 guy that got a book on Michael Schumacher signed by Michael Schumacher, and to this day I'm still pissed about it because the fucker doesn't have it on display :mamoru:

We ran into about a dozen Ferrari mechanics as they came out of their hotel on Thursday or Friday night, and then tried to go to their hotel on Sunday afternoon and that was a non-starter since everyone had figured out where they were staying by that point.

We ran into a couple of other folks the other times we went, but I think since it was the first year teams didn't know where to stay away from because of fans :rofl:

Also ran into @Section8 's RX-7 but not him :rofl:

Offender

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Bergen County, NJ
I knew Steve Zahn personally. He was my friend's neighbor growing up near Delaware Water Gap and friendly with their father. He eventually hired us to move him from his "main street" type house to one of the nicest properties in the area. Bumped into each other through my middle and high school years, incredibly friendly and humble guy. Last time I saw him I think was probably 2003ish when I was ~20, drank bud heavies and smoked a joint around a small bonfire. He had a son and moved to Kentucky around that time, bought a farm.. dude was all about that life. Btw, his wife is J. Peterman's daughter... he had so many stacks of brand new clothes, he would tell us to just grab shit (I never did)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Dirty

OT Supporter
May 25, 2016
I met Ron Jeremy once.
Came into where I worked at the time, CompUSA, this must have been 20 years ago.

Could barely walk or speak, was drunk, drugged, high, or all 3. Total fucking bum.

I've met Marshall Faulk, alot smaller than anticipated.
Scott Rolen, dude was big af
Jim Edmonds in a chic fil a he looked like a douchey prick, but his wife or whatever she was was half his age and hot af

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I met Ron Jeremy once.
Came into where I worked at the time, CompUSA, this must have been 20 years ago.

Could barely walk or speak, was drunk, drugged, high, or all 3. Total fucking bum.

Jim Edmonds in a chic fil a he looked like a douchey prick, but his wife or whatever she was was half his age and hot af
Wouldn’t be the first time Ron Jeremy came while high or drunk.

Reactions: Dirty

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I've met Incubus, told Ben Kenney I really love his solo work, moreso than incubus's and he was kinda bashful about that, but also seemed that way in general, and having watched some of his socials, that's just who he is.

Met Brian Posehn after a comedy show.

Met Scott Van Pelt when they did a SVP & Russillo show on LSU's campus. Drove into town with my bike and road it from where I parked to the quad where their stage was setup. I'd had a friend make a shirt that simply said "BOOTLEG RINKY DINK TRINKETS".

This, my friends, is a deep cut for SVP. It was the name of his fantasy football team years back and he'd shared a story about how it came from a segment of Rude Jude? ? some on the mic kind of guy in NYC who'd interviewed a woman on about some product and she'd said 'that's all just a bunch of bootleg rinky dink trinkets!" Anyway, not a big crowd because no one realized at the time the just PURE AWESOMENESS that was that show. Anyway, during one of the commercial breaks, he's points at me and says "I see you!". Walk over to the railing they got setup around the stage and during one of the breaks where he does a lil' crowd interaction, he comes over and comments on the shirt and more or less retells that story. And it was one that always made him laugh and sure enough, I could tell he was happy to have been reminded of it and share it again. We took a photo, he went back to the show. He's hilariously tall and I'm not so it's a pretty fucking terrible photo :rofl:

I've also met Phu Pham.

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I met Ron Jeremy once.

I met him on DV8’s set……. Dude showed up sweating, fat as fuck, and with a girl that looked like he picked her up off the street.

I then saw him again in Vegas like 5-8 years later.

Exactly the fuckin same

Reactions: Dirty

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
This reminded me:

Frankie Muniz - met him one of the F1 races at Indy. Thought it was the one in 2000 but maybe it was 2004, trying to find the pictures. We were walking around the support race paddock just checking out cars on Thursday or Friday when we came across him chilling in the shade wearing a driving suit pulled down to his waist with a book. He was insanely nice, I think because I was the only one that recognized him from TV :rofl: The other guys I was with had no clue but I walked over and said "I had no idea you also raced, I love your other work, but would love to know more about the racing."

And he proceeded to give us a 20 minute talk on his car, his racing, etc. When we got back I told them to go watch some Malcom reruns :rofl:

The 2000 trip to F1 in Indy we also got some stuff signed by a couple of different drivers, including 1 guy that got a book on Michael Schumacher signed by Michael Schumacher, and to this day I'm still pissed about it because the fucker doesn't have it on display :mamoru:

We ran into about a dozen Ferrari mechanics as they came out of their hotel on Thursday or Friday night, and then tried to go to their hotel on Sunday afternoon and that was a non-starter since everyone had figured out where they were staying by that point.

We ran into a couple of other folks the other times we went, but I think since it was the first year teams didn't know where to stay away from because of fans :rofl:

Also ran into @Section8 's RX-7 but not him :rofl:
I've been on a flight with him and wanted to talk racing with him in the boarding area or at bag pick up, but people wouldn't leave him alone and I could tell he was getting upset by it, so I let him be.

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Got my pic taken with Charlie Murphy and Aziz Ansari after their stand up shows

Ate brunch next to Rob Kardashian in Beverly hills, chatted with him a bit, he seemed normal

Met MGK and Pete Davidson in NYC during my bachelor party, my good friend works with MGK. They kicked it with us for like an hour
this sounds awful lmao

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Now that I think of it, I went to elementary/middle school with Jesse Eisenberg. We were fairly good friends at the time, even bunking together when we visited Stokes National Forest during our 6th grade class trip.

In 7th grade he moved to NYC to go to acting school.
lmao i used to go to those cabins at Stokes all the time as a kid

Reactions: Phil NJ

Sonigal

Cats, Cats & more Cats...oh and SFP
OT Supporter
Mar 21, 2020
Not very famous but if you follow football you might remember him.

I went to High School with Lawrence Phillips. He played in the NFL for the St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins and 49ers. He ended up in prison for domestic violence, killed his cellmate and later committed suicide.

The guy grew up in foster care and i guess he was messed-up. I knew him from the track team in HS. We all thought he was going to make it in life when he got in and played for Nebraska and later drafted to the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle