FIT so what the fuck v. GHR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
Every gym I've been to (24, powerhouse, golds) has never had a GHR. This is fucking bullshit because that looks like the most bad ass piece of equipment ever.

Is the GHR in a league of its own or are there 2-3 exercises I can do at my gym that are on the same level as the GHR?

noghrforgym.jpg :ugh:

Phineas Q Stork

Aug 22, 2003
TX
imo, the ghr is overrated and thanks to elite, everything thinks that their gym sucks because it doesn't have a ghr or reverse hyper

so basically, if your gym doesn't have these two things, you might as well not even train

TS
TS
Abomb

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
imo, the ghr is overrated and thanks to elite, everything thinks that their gym sucks because it doesn't have a ghr or reverse hyper

so basically, if your gym doesn't have these two things, you might as well not even train

suggested exercises I do instead for posterior chain?

GuOD

mcflurry diet
May 19, 2003
Toronto

i honestly liked natural GHRs a lot because it allows u to isolate just ur hammys and still hit them heavy...

GuOD

mcflurry diet
May 19, 2003
Toronto
how do you do your natural ghrs? ive seen 5 diff ways on youtube

used ot do it at my school gym

find one of those pulldown machines that has a bar u can hook into that lowers to the ground... then find those stepup blocks+ pad

put a pad on the stepup blocks, and then knees on that, hook ur calves under the pulldown thing and away u go

React

Still Strong
Jan 11, 2001
DFW, TX
just goto a lat pulldown machine and put the knee support things all the way down and face the opposite way. rest your knees on the seat and go from there.

MaineSucks

Everglades Guy
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Kane, the Golds in Vegas had it because Mark Swank used to run a powerlifting club out of there. He's at BAG now.

The GHR is overrated because of EFS and Westside. The Reverse Hyper, too (actually the Reverse Hyper has lawsuits pending against it). You can do the same shit doing 45 degree back raises with a ham emphasis, Romanian Deadlifts, Good Morning and Pull Throughs.

gsxtasyd

Lift Big........Eat Big........Sleep Big........GE
Every gym I've been to (24, powerhouse, golds) has never had a GHR. This is fucking bullshit because that looks like the most bad ass piece of equipment ever.

Is the GHR in a league of its own or are there 2-3 exercises I can do at my gym that are on the same level as the GHR?

noghrforgym.jpg :ugh:

just use a lat pull down, same idea. hook your ankles behind the part that usually would go on your kneees and put your knees on the pad here you normally would sit down. Works pretty well. Or you could have someone hold down your ankles (i know you like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448