TECH so whats the hotness in monitors

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
i am using an old trinitron, my dell 24" was stolen. i want a LCD with similar black level to a crt, whats the closest one? i remember my old screen had a lot of backlighting leak through, annoying.
so whats the avant garde of flatscreens, are we in the oled era yet?

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
The hotness in monitors is 2 monitors side by side.

I love it at work. I only wish I could do it at home *waaaahh!*

Once you go to a setup like that you will never want to go back.

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
I have a 23" Samsung on my left, 22" Samsung on my right....have to replace the 22" with a 1080, the 22" is 1050 which is annoying.

Best case scenerio is the same monitor for both of them. If you can't do that make sure they both have the same native resolution. If you can't do that then save up money till you can do it right.

I have been using dual monitors at work for years. I love em.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
I'd rather have one huge screen instead of dual screens -- unless I were running a videogame/movie on one and had my desktop visible on the other.

I've stuck with LG monitors for the past few years. Haven't been disappointed yet.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Black level only matters if you're going to be looking at the screen in the dark, like if you're watching a movie on your TV. On a computer monitor it matters much less, because reflected ambient light will wash-out the darkest colors anyway.

Graham

This Close To 88mph
Jun 8, 2008
N.E. Ohio
I'd rather have one huge screen instead of dual screens -- unless I were running a videogame/movie on one and had my desktop visible on the other.

I've stuck with LG monitors for the past few years. Haven't been disappointed yet.
werd. i'm not into gaming, and my 24" lcd can handle two browsers side by side, so I don't need 2 monitors.

Goontz

Feb 8, 2011
Texas
Personally, I always stick to name brand displays (be it a PC monitor or TV). You can get some pretty cheapo monitors these days, but I simply don't trust them to be as high quality or to last as long. YMMV. My last few monitors have been Samsung. Widescreen FTW, dual or single.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor