CAR Sold: 3,100-Mile 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo for $135,944

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Those have been GOLD for the last 10 years.

Now they're unobtainium.
he's talking aboot excursions
Yes and no. 2-3 years ago you could have bought a similar car to mine for like $80k. I even know guys that bought one for closer to $50k-$60k. Now we are starting to see $200k for really low mile, well sorted versions.
you replied to him, bring your car into it somehow
hes talkin aboot excursions, dummy
i set you straight
Um, I was the one talking about excursions, dummy!

And the point I was trying to make, there are some old ball cars selling for some crazy dollars. Who would think a 2003 Ford Excursion would be worth $100,000 even with low miles?
you had a stroke
Pic of your excursion
if you were talking aboot excursions youd have a pic of the one you owned, as you said MINE
I can't tell if you're confused or if I'm confused or we're both confused.
oh im confused alright

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001

SOLD FOR $1,902,000 ON 1/5/22

This 2005 Porsche Carrera GT is one of 1,270 examples built during a four-year production run and was originally delivered to Stevinson Imports of Littleton, Colorado. It later spent time in Arizona before it was acquired by the current owner in 2021. The car is finished in Guards Red over black leather upholstery, and power comes from a 5.7-liter V10 mated to a six-speed manual transaxle with a limited-slip differential. Features include staggered-width forged magnesium wheels, a ceramic-composite clutch and brake rotors, an electronically actuated rear spoiler, and removable roof panels. A June 2021 service reportedly included the installation of new tires, a brake fluid flush, and an oil change. This Type 980 has under 800 miles and is now offered in Scottsdale, Arizona, by the seller on behalf of the current owner with factory books, a fitted luggage set, keys, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Montana title.

780-Mile 2005 Porsche Carrera GT

The Carrera GT concept car first appeared at the 2000 Paris Motor Show as an offshoot of the late-1990s LMP2000 development prototype that never came to fruition. The model entered production in 2003 with construction incorporating a carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic monocoque and subframe built by ATR Group in Italy.

780-Mile 2005 Porsche Carrera GT

The carbon-fiber body panels on this example are finished in Guards Red with matching removable roof panels. Aerodynamic elements include an undertray, a rear diffuser, and an electronically actuated rear spoiler that can also be deployed manually.

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
Nothing like the skyrocketing value of shitty cars you overlooked in your youth, to make you suddenly feel old. Pretty sure I considered a used one while shopping for my second car. I don't think the price was more than 8k

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
I love you but most of what you posted is incorrect. Especially the bits about workload and bringing in auditors.

For what it’s worth, Hemmings was in talks to purchase BaT several years ago and it fell apart at the last minute.

Hearst Media did buy majority ownership of BaT last year.
I would count you in the group of people who would know better than me.

I am just parroting what I read and what has caused a multi thousand word discussion.
The two guys giving the details are also people I would rely on to have knowledge. Purportedly, one of them has been part of a group of suitors for the company.

Just a post of stuff I read. Either way BAT is a compelling story right now and I would guess that a lot will change there this year.

headrec

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2006
Ogden, Utah
My ex bought a super clean one a few years back for 4k. She let it go to shit (no garage). Tempted to text her and go halvsies on anything over 4k after I Scottwax the shit out of it.

TS
TS
thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS

2008 Mercedes-Benz S600​

SOLD FOR $49,500 ON 1/11/22

11 months ago it was sold on BaT:

SOLD FOR $35,500 ON 2/2/21

This is an absolute fraud

ZACKMORRIS

Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, FL
The market for cars like this now is absurd. I was looking at 996 Turbos a couple years back and would routinely find good drivers cars in the high 30's/low 40's. Now? Ooooooof.

Just like the s2000. Shitboxes that were 10k a few years back are now pulling almost $20k and morons keep buying shitty cars.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Sideways

Swallow that, and wash it down with this.
Jul 28, 2001
Westside
I could see a pristine E30 M3 going for this much, but a 944 just doesn’t make sense.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad

2008 Mercedes-Benz S600​

SOLD FOR $49,500 ON 1/11/22

11 months ago it was sold on BaT:

SOLD FOR $35,500 ON 2/2/21

This is an absolute fraud
why

someone bought it $35,500 2/2/21
traded it in 6/2021
looks like it sat on a Honda lot for 6 months before someone listed on BAT and sold it during this crazy market where almost every car appreciated

TS
TS
thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
why

someone bought it $35,500 2/2/21
traded it in 6/2021
looks like it sat on a Honda lot for 6 months before someone listed on BAT and sold it during this crazy market where almost every car appreciated
It was the same crazy used car market 11 months ago - the appreciation makes absolutely no sense

jrmcm

Cocaine and cocaine accessories
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
944/951 prices have increased a bit in the past year or so, but this one is just silly.
Of course shit like this has lead to every slob with a ratty automatic car with a misfire listing their shit for about 6x what it's actually worth

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448