ART Sold my MkIII. 5D MkII is mine as soon as they get to the store!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornUponCob

Oct 3, 2001
I still haven't seen any report on how quickly the 5D MKII drives the focusing motors of the lenses mounted to it. I have heard that the AF sensor array is identical to the one in the original 5D, but that's it.

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
wouldnt have gotten rid of teh 1d series only to replace it with the 5dmkii. Would have sold mkiii bought a mkiin and saved some cash to buy the 5dmkii.

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
I seem to vaguely remember him saying he was moving away from shooting sports, maybe towards PJ work instead?

ok_computer

OT Supporter
Jan 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Can anyone tell me why the 5D MkIII is a poor decision for sports?

5k mkiii :eek:

I don't necessarily think it's a poor decision.. just strange. How often do you need more than 10MP, and especially 21MP? It would be a nightmare to edit, especially on really tight deadlines. You've gotta assume the focusing is a bit better on the mkiii, and 10 FPS v 4.5 FPS seems like a big deal as well, though I never shoot like that so I'm not sure if it's actually a big difference.

TS
TS

adamlewis88

Dec 2, 2007
San Francisco, CA
kinda a weird decision for a sports guy, no?

No. Most professional agencies that cover sports shoot with a 1DsMkIII. I guess theyre just doing it wrong?

blinded by the glitz and glamour, not to mention the hype of the new camera. Canon people are pissing their pants waiting for this thing. :o

Hardly. Its a shame you dont know what youre talking about but I still like you so I wont hold it against you.

I would have kept the 1DIII and got the 5DII as well

Id do a lot of things if money didnt matter

wouldnt have gotten rid of teh 1d series only to replace it with the 5dmkii. Would have sold mkiii bought a mkiin and saved some cash to buy the 5dmkii.

Go to even less of a camera? No thanks.

the fuck?

You turn into a wedding photographer?

Negative

so much for the longer reach on your lenes

The 5D MkII has a higher density so Im actually getting more reach :ugh2:

I seem to vaguely remember him saying he was moving away from shooting sports, maybe towards PJ work instead?

Nope. Still covering sports.

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
More cropping needed to get closer. Won't affect image quality. What's the RAW buffer like on the 5d MKII. Probably not as good as the 1dmkiii. Not to mention the 1d is marketed as a sports camera and the 5d is marketed more towards landscapes and portraits. Don't forget autofocus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan