Son sells 28 years of birthday whisky to buy first home

Dec 25, 2001
Austin, TX

A man whose father gave him 18-year-old whisky every year for his birthday is selling the collection to buy a house.

Matthew Robson, from Taunton, was born in 1992 and over the course of his life his father Pete has spent about £5,000 on 28 bottles of Macallan single malt.

The collection is now worth more than £40,000 and has been put up for sale.

The 28-year-old said it "probably wasn't" the best gift for a young boy but with "strict instructions never to open them" they had become a nest egg.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
If you’re liquidating 40k pounders worth of heirlooms to deposit on a house, how are you affording the note ????
giphy.gif

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
Haha fuck you dad would you like to come over to my starter home with laminate countertops and hotpoint appliances for a hotdog and a natty light? Careful when you park you're going to need to leave room for my neighbors to park their RV's, and be sure to lock your doors

loneXsupra

OT Supporter
Apr 9, 2004
Texas. The America of America
Haha fuck you dad would you like to come over to my starter home with laminate countertops and hotpoint appliances for a hotdog and a natty light? Careful when you park you're going to need to leave room for my neighbors to park their RV's, and be sure to lock your doors

lol this doo doesn't have a dad y'all

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
Weird gift decision by dad but that's pretty fucking smart use of it tbh, I'm not understanding how anyone can hate on the choice. Not like he's selling off priceless family heirlooms, they're bottles of well-aged booze. :dunno:

Wouldn't be entirely surprised if something along these lines had been dad's intent all along. Knowing how good quality alcohol goes up in value as it ages that's the only sensible reason I can envision to give a little kid booze every year as a gift. :rofl:

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Weird gift decision by dad but that's pretty fucking smart use of it tbh, I'm not understanding how anyone can hate on the choice. Not like he's selling off priceless family heirlooms, they're bottles of well-aged booze. :dunno:
But dad bought it for him since birth :(

Capt. Hammer

OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State

Sure it might be worth $40K, but the dad knew that when he decided to share his passion/hobby with his son.

Capt. Hammer

OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
See edit. Dad might have seen it as a quirky financial investment as much as anything else. :dunno:

When you get old enough, wouldn't it be cool to sit down with your dad/family and enjoy a bottle of whiskey that he gave you each year for your birthday? You could start a family tradition or something. Memories > Money

Reactions: Cicada

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
When you get old enough, wouldn't it be cool to sit down with your dad/family and enjoy a bottle of whiskey that he gave you each year for your birthday? You could start a family tradition or something. Memories > Money
You're such a sentimentalist. :mamoru:

Having a house to make new memories in > drinking 30 year old whiskey in a 200 square foot flat while sitting on dad's lap. :dunno:

Reactions: FDT and Firewall97

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor