SPORTS Sonnen speaks again!

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Everyone's favorite zany middleweight Chael Sonnen recently weighed on a topic that has made the round a bit since UFC 134 - the fact that Anderson Silva said he went into his fight with Yushin Okami with an injury and took anti-inflammatories for the injury. Silva also said he was injured entering his fight with Sonnen at UFC 117, so Chael wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to say something about it. This dandy of a quote was said to Paul Lazenby:
"I don't think that treatment for Anderson's problems is prohibited by the UFC, even right before a match. Some medications are limited, as you know, but Anderson is in a state of medical legitimacy because I don't think that Midol is prohibited, nor are chocolate or Gerard Butler movies. I have never personally had to deal with his sort of condition, but I feel for him and I really want to see what his top fighting form actually is, since we apparently haven't seen it yet. I can't remember the last time that he didn't say he was hurt for a match, and it's starting to alienate the fight fans. So he should take care of himself when he's suffering, or else the public will be stuck with the same unengaging fights and lackluster victories until he either dies or finally hits menopause."
I'm sure Anderson will love that one. Sonnen will step into the cage for the first time since he was defeated by Silva when he faces Brian Stann at UFC 136 on October 8th. Silva will be on the shelf for the rest of the year rehabbing his injury and should return early next year.

I really hope Sonnen gets a rematch. I doubt it will go anything at all like the last fight, but the shit talking alone will be worth it.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
meh, he's funny about one in every ten times he tries.

this one is even less funny since he himself suffers from hypergonadism.

HouseLing

When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy
Feb 9, 2002
SoCal
i thought this one was ammusing, but it was mostly the midol/chocolate/gerard butler refrence. although, i think he really dropped the ball when he bypassed lifetime movie network for gerard butler.

JJ

Feb 23, 2010
Earth
i thought this one was ammusing, but it was mostly the midol/chocolate/gerard butler refrence. although, i think he really dropped the ball when he bypassed lifetime movie network for gerard butler.
agree to disagree

KRUSTYTHECLOWN

Dec 20, 2003
So he's saying Anderson is a Girl yet he (Sonnen) is the one with low test :mamoru:

Oh that's right! He doesn't! he just made that shit up and I think he forgot all about it while doing this interview :mamoru:

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
Wasnt Sonnen giving people shit "for calling in sick" on fight night and now hes giving Silva shit for fighting with injuries.

Sonnen can be funny sometimes but hes def obsessed with Silva

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Wasnt Sonnen giving people shit "for calling in sick" on fight night and now hes giving Silva shit for fighting with injuries.

Sonnen can be funny sometimes but hes def obsessed with Silva
I cant remember if he was giving people shit about calling in sick, or saying he never would because Dana never does. And I dont think he is really giving Silva shit for fighting hurt, more just pulling a Tito and bringing them up after every fight.

Sammo

Jan 5, 2005
Southern Canada
293476_10150403568356276_46299886275_10782674_1046040909_n.jpg

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
Looks like Soares is treading on thin ice. I had no idea that Cigano fired him, and it sounds like Silva is sick of him running his mouth too.

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has been said to be very unhappy with his manager Ed Soares and his statements about Silva's up coming fights and career plans. "The Spider" makes it clear that he is the only person that can talk about what is next for him in his career.

Anderson took to twitter on friday and stated:

“Only I can talk about my fights, my plans and my career."

"I’m not on physical therapy and one, I define my next fight with the UFC, I will let you know.”

(roughly translated via tatame.com)

Many fans have questioned Ed Soares and the things he has said in the past and this could be the reason fellow Black House teammate Junior Dos Santos decided to let go of Ed Soares as a manager and do his own thing. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future of Silva but it seems for now we should maybe wait to hear from Silva on his future rather than his manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan