SPORTS Sonnen vs. Machida slated for UFC 136

teddy jam

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2006
Toronto
damn he said at 132 with ariel that he has a karate kid to take care of and now it's actually going down !!

should be sick hype around this fight ..hope machida front kicks him to death

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
The latest - “Of course your sport should be taken seriously. Everybody would like to be able to workout in their bathrobe” - is a dig at Machida’s background in Shotokan Karate.

He also slammed the recent spate of videos depicting Black House fighters training with Steven Segal. “I don't seek training advice from actors for the same reason I don't seek health advice from strippers.”
:rofl:

Hoping that Sonnen wins but Machida has done well against wrestlers.

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
But really, Sonnen by cage control and aggression.

After he beats Machida, he'll take out Nog Lite.
You don't think Machida will be able to catch him like he did against Couture and Rashad? I wonder if it's going to be a 5 round fight.

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
You don't think Machida will be able to catch him like he did against Couture and Rashad? I wonder if it's going to be a 5 round fight.
Of course he could. I imagine he'll take him down, hold him down, and UD him.

And I dont see this as a main event. so id guess it'll be a 3 rounder.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
Machida is better on the feet and on the ground.

I have a feeling Sonnen is going to end the fight with his nose deep inside of some blackhouse balls tapping to another triangle.

TS
TS

Cro Cop

OT Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
On my Heath Ledger shit
Of course he could. I imagine he'll take him down, hold him down, and UD him.

And I dont see this as a main event. so id guess it'll be a 3 rounder.

This card (136) is allegedly going to be headlined by Aldo-Florian.

I'd totally pay for a card with this as a main event though. :bowdown: Well..you know...if I paid for cards. :mamoru:

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
This card (136) is allegedly going to be headlined by Aldo-Florian.

I'd totally pay for a card with this as a main event though. :bowdown: Well..you know...if I paid for cards. :mamoru:

I will for really good cards, and even then, i'll only pay if there is 2 or 3 of us throwing money in.

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
1-3 in his last 4 with his lone win being over Randy Couture.

right in the hunt he is.

He is 1-2 by barely lost to Rampage in a really close fight and losing a title defense. Yes Shogun destroyed machida but other than that his record is mint. He some how dropped off to almost a jobber by losing to maybe some of the greatest 205 pounders to ever fight.

I dont think he should be out of the hunt.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
He is 1-2 by barely lost to Rampage in a really close fight and losing a title defense. Yes Shogun destroyed machida but other than that his record is mint. He some how dropped off to almost a jobber by losing to maybe some of the greatest 205 pounders to ever fight.

lost to Shogun twice, imo.

fact of the matter is losing fights takes you out of title contention, and beating randy couture doesnt put you in it anymore.

there is a long line forming ahead of him at 205. which is unfortunate because he is one of the few interesting match ups for jones.

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan

He'll have to get in line behind...

Rampage
Davis
Rashad
Tito

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
lost to Shogun twice, imo.

fact of the matter is losing fights takes you out of title contention, and beating randy couture doesnt put you in it anymore.

there is a long line forming ahead of him at 205. which is unfortunate because he is one of the few interesting match ups for jones.
Do you really think Rampage won the fight against Machida? I think Lyoto caught a bad break and id hope Dana can see that. Even Page admitted he lost right after the fight. Oh well...just sucks because its going to be forever before machida gets another shot at the title. I think Dana dislikes his fighting style.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor