TECH sooooooooooooooo the mac mini

TheWeasel

the mac mini would be perfect for me if they just changed the setup of the video card

Seems kinda doubtful though. They do what they can to keep the price and size down. Basically make it a small laptop setup in a desktop package just like the Dell Studios are now.

FEELSGOODMEN

Dec 9, 2007
Ca
i use my santa rosa macbook like a portable mini. i run my 20" monitor and use the macbook screen for itunes. works great for me. i hope it'll last me another 2 years

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
why is the mac mini so neglected? looks like a good consumer desktop solution to me?

apple barely spends any resources on it, but i think they would be smart to because much more people would try out apple if they knew they could try a apple without having to at least spend 1k.

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
i want one to run eyetv and my hdhomerun qam tuner box. i'd also pick up an elgato tuner
hopefully boxee will integrate some dvr functionality in the future

minis are just too pricey for a limited amount of hardware

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
i want one to run eyetv and my hdhomerun qam tuner box. i'd also pick up an elgato tuner
hopefully boxee will integrate some dvr functionality in the future

minis are just too pricey for a limited amount of hardware

Mine is running EyeTV with my Elgato TV Tuner and it's awesome

Chadder007

OG Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2001
Atlanta, GA
Maybe....just maybe it will be upgraded in time for Snow Leopard.
They have to at least upgrade the graphics in it for OpenCL to work in it.
If not, then it will be discontinued.

ady

Mar 3, 2005
UK
why is the mac mini so neglected? looks like a good consumer desktop solution to me?

apple barely spends any resources on it, but i think they would be smart to because much more people would try out apple if they knew they could try a apple without having to at least spend 1k.

Apple are obviously happy in selling more expensive systems and getting the marketshare they can rather than going after marketshare at all costs. Notebooks are going to dominiate on the consumer side now so their focus is more on the macbook on the "low end" and I would think the iMac has higher margins than the mini due to the screen. I wouldn't be suprised to see it phased out completely in the next 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec